Retake time?

ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all,
Since I failed on my first exam attempt (705) I have spent the last month studying the transcender questions and am doing pretty well. I also use the sybex book (read inside out) and was wondering is it worth my while buying anything else? I dont fancy hading over 350 euro to fail the exam again as I have also been made redundant...

Thanks for all replies

Ger

Comments

• ger the manger the man Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I felt I really put the work in for the exam and to fail it as a real kick in the teeth (not to mention the financial loss too). I been using the transcender questions for the last while now and want to be confident about going for the exam again.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Hi all,
    Since I failed on my first exam attempt (705) I have spent the last month studying the transcender questions and am doing pretty well. I also use the sybex book (read inside out) and was wondering is it worth my while buying anything else? I dont fancy hading over 350 euro to fail the exam again as I have also been made redundant...

Thanks for all replies

Ger

Well, you're pretty close to passing, what areas did it show you as 'needs work'?

Sybex is a decent book, but yes, for $30-50 ($60-100 Euro possibly, or look for used books) I'd pickup a second refernce...check the forum for what others like, my first choice on Sec+ is Sybex.

I'd skip the practice questions for a bit, you may be 'confortable' with them and not really reading the question, but anticipating the answer. Download the objectives and go through them point-by-point and see if you can define/explain all the areas throughly. Then once you are ready, maybe try the questions on last time.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck!
    Took the test twice and failed --- made the mistake of taking both in very short amounts of time. This test can be a bit of a beast! icon_redface.gif

I am going to use the book you recommended, as well as information available on this site, and gonna try it again in a couple of weeks.

Anyone else use anything recommendable to pass this damn test?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD