Path to follow??

I need an advice from the experienced IT people... I already have my MCSA and I am working to get my PMP on June. I do have hands on experience working w/ W2K3 and ASP.NEt 3.5. I know that it is going to be easy to get MCTS on ASP.net 3.5. Do you think that I Should I go to get my MCTS after the PMP????? or going to get a Master Degree?

Thanks in advance...
close to MCSA!!

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    From my experience, my Master's in Telecomm (focus on Networking) hasnt done me any good. Recruiters and employers are just not interested in my degree, atleast in Australia. I wouldnt recommend getting a Master's in IT, an MBA might be a better option.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Seems the master degree is really more valuable for programmers and management than it is for hands on IT people. If that is your direction, go for it!
    -Daniel
  • BigTex71BigTex71 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you want to go the management route with your PMP, then I would go for the MBA.
    A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCSE | CCNA

Currently working towards MCITP: Enterprise Admin

Current Title: Network Administrator

Actual Job Functions: Network / Server / System Administrator, Tier-3 Help Desk, Jr. Project Manager, and "The Closer"
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Essendon wrote: »
    From my experience, my Master's in Telecomm (focus on Networking) hasnt done me any good. Recruiters and employers are just not interested in my degree, atleast in Australia. I wouldnt recommend getting a Master's in IT, an MBA might be a better option.

That's discouraging... icon_sad.gif

Well, to be fair my program focuses on networking research and encourages people to move on into their PhDs.

To the OP, get both at the same time. ;)