CEH V5 on May

jimloftjimloft Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I m planning to pass my CEH on may and would like to know what will be the last steps should i do to review and what would be the most interesting tests simulators that i can use for the next 3 weeks
Thanks

Comments

• unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    I would recommend these CEH flashcards - Flashcards

I would also recommend in general to study command line options for the popular tools like NMAP, netcat, options in Wireshark, Snort outputs, common malware ports, Snort rules... aww.. heck, just reread all your books. :)
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I would recommend these CEH flashcards - Flashcards

I would also recommend in general to study command line options for the popular tools like NMAP, netcat, options in Wireshark, Snort outputs, common malware ports, Snort rules... aww.. heck, just reread all your books. :)

Very good advice! bowing.gif
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HAHAHAHAHAAHA

All your books, yes that is the default installation.

I read that some people said that they practice the commands in their own lab, so they remember them very easy.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

impelse wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAAHA

All your books, yes that is the default installation.

I read that some people said that they practice the commands in their own lab, so they remember them very easy.

This was helpful for me in passing CEH. I was able to see both ends of an attack. What commands I was entering in on the source machine, and seeing what the result on the target machine was. It was most helpful knowing the flags port scans issue.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • jimloftjimloft Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you all for your advises!
    I'm using some "a c t u a l t e s t" and "t e s t k i n g" exams ... do you think this is enougth to pass the exam ... do have any recommandation about other tests?
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Unfortunately those two source material listed are braindump and is against policies for taking exams. If you feel like cheating is the way to go then this is definately not the forum to come to for advise. I hope you change your source material and pass is the right way and not by cheating yourself to the answers.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
    If you are using those materials to study, why do you want to go and spent the money in the exam?, just go to your computer and create a CEH certificate for you and you can tell to everybody that you have CEH.

From the begining that you wrote those materias with spaces that means for me the you know that is cheating.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    jimloft wrote: »
    Thank you all for your advises!
    I'm using some "a c t u a l t e s t" and "t e s t k i n g" exams ... do you think this is enougth to pass the exam ... do have any recommandation about other tests?
    Products under both of these labels are rip-offs. They claim to have actual test questions--which is not allowed by the certification vendors--but their questions are just stolen from other, usually much older, certification preparation materials. Stay with the reputable certification preparation vendors, like PrepLogic, MeasureUp, and Transcender.
  • jimloftjimloft Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Products under both of these labels are rip-offs. They claim to have actual test questions--which is not allowed by the certification vendors--but their questions are just stolen from other, usually much older, certification preparation materials. Stay with the reputable certification preparation vendors, like PrepLogic, MeasureUp, and Transcender.

JDMurray: Thank you for your constructives advises, this really will help me.
    ULWiz & impelse: This is my first certification and i used the spaces because when i previewed the reply theses words was hidden by *. I m not cheating myself to the answers because I m preparing my exam since four month now and this exam is crucial for my employer.
    I hope that i will pass the exam!
    If you have other ideas, i will be grateful for your sharing
    Thanks
    jimloft, my apologizes to you, in the beginning when I read that I thought about many people that put those sites just to make any marketing for them, others readuce the value of the certification.

Burt because you already explained your situation, I am sorry about my words.

Group hug!
    -un

• whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD