Options

Took The Network+ 2009 Today, (passed)

TylerMTylerM Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, I'm joining the community and will be updating on my progress in achieving future certifications. I'm only 18, so I have quite a ways to go tongue.gif

But what I came here to let you know was that I took the Net+ 2009 test today got an 820... found it quite interesting. I studied for the 2007 exam but figured since my school was paying for it either way, I'd go ahead and take the 2009 version. There's a lot of content that I didn't find in Mike Meyers' books, the LearnKey videos, TestOut, web resources, etc. I don't know how you guys are on discussing the test (because of the NDA) but I'll talk about some things.

The test itself (the one generated for me at least) has a lot of questions that are not in the 2007 objectives or included very little in the curriculum; I received many questions that were new concepts. I'm studying for the CCNA at the same time (which, I might add, is quite possibly the best way to study for these tests) and had to use some of my Cisco knowledge on the Net+. Another reason I think I did so well was that I read a lot of Wikipedia and tech articles. For me there were no Network Operating System questions and older technologies (FDDI, Token Ring, 10Base5) were ignored. I don't want to talk about the test much more than that but I think they have changed the test quite a bit from previous years.

6 of us total took the Net+ test and 3 passed. I was the only one taking the new objectives. My test had 100 questions while there's had 85; my test required a 720 to pass, while there's required a 550.

I'm taking the A+ exam in the next few days. I wasn't expecting too but I pleased my teacher so much that she offered to pay for the exam (she has an extra voucher that expires late April). I have not studied AT ALL for the test, but I built my first computer when I was 12 and I'm hoping from all my real world experience since that time that I can make it through it. I'm using Mike Meyers' A+ book to do some quick reading, and it looks (as of today) that I can do pretty well on it. Though it does seem like some of the stuff covered is really, really old.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. I hope to see you all around in the coming months as I pursue further certifications and enter college.
Current Certifications
Network +
A+

Working On
CCNA

Eventually
Security+
CCNP
MSCE

Comments

• Options
    d00dled00dle Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you're brave lol good luck. take your time.
    Comptia A+
    220-601: Essentials - score 685 (March, 2009)
    220-602: IT Technician - score 792 (March, 2009)

Comptia Network+
    N10-003 - score 554 (April, 2009)

MCTS
    70-620: Configuring Windows Vista - score 807 (May, 2009)
  • Options
    MikieMicronMikieMicron Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! You are off to a good start, Tyler. Keep it up.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif I wish I would have started at your age. Id have my CCIE by now hehe. Good luck with your A+
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    ariyariy Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    am envy you, i wish i were you. good luck boy
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats!

No doubt, I wish I started my certs when I was 18.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cogratulations, and good luck with the others!
  • Options
    RiskblingRiskbling Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    d00dle wrote: »
    you're brave lol good luck. take your time.

I second your courage icon_cheers.gif

Congratulations.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    finkle636finkle636 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats why i'm waiting for the 2009 N + exam book to be released on 30th June 09 Amazon before i attempt the N +

CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition: Michael Meyers: Amazon.co.uk: Books

As his last book, the previous release, was written in 2004 !

I'm doing the MCDST as a stop gap until it is released.