PMP and PROJECT+

I am planing to become PMP in a future. but this is the point . In order to become PMP you need certain experience and education hours. I do have the experience but I dont have the education one.
I want to know if I pass the Project+, I can use this certificacion as the 35 hours required for education to get submitted and go ahead and schedule the test. In few words, Does Project+ cert work for the 35 hours required for the education part in the PMP proceess?
close to MCSA!!

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am planing to become PMP in a future. but this is the point . In order to become PMP you need certain experience and education hours. I do have the experience but I dont have the education one.
    I want to know if I pass the Project+, I can use this certificacion as the 35 hours required for education to get submitted and go ahead and schedule the test. In few words, Does Project+ cert work for the 35 hours required for the education part in the PMP proceess?
    No, I would assume they need to be in the form of PMI approved PDUs.

- Formal academic education
    - Professional activities and self-directed learning
    - Educational programs offered by PMI Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.) or PMI components
    - Educational programs offered by other providers
    - Volunteer service to professional or community organizations

The number of hours granted and the maximums depend on which category they fall under. Those are the acceptible PDUs you can use for recertification purposes; I'm not positive if you can use them for the initial application.

I would give them a call. Basically what they want to see is that you've had 5 days of formal training, and honestly taking 5 days of training - even at a cost of $3-5k is going to be offset immediately by the career opportunities the PMP will allow you.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Just having the Project+ would not count, but it doesn't have to be fancy training. You can take a college course, or seminars at work or at a local PMI chapter.

This site has some pretty good info and links:

www.pmhut.com
  • dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    Thanks Guys. I appreciate for clearing my doubts...
    close to MCSA!!
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Thanks Guys. I appreciate for clearing my doubts...

In my opinion it would be more beneficial to go for PMI's CAPM certification instead of Project+. I don't see Project+ catching on and I wouldn't be shocked if it is some day discontinued. The CAPM has less stringent experience and education requirements, and it will give you a rough idea of the structure of the PMP.
  • edelossantosedelossantos Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you want pursue taking this PMP exam maybe it can help to become a member of PMP chapter in your country and one more things you can avail discount in taking this exams.
  • PMPCharmerPMPCharmer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PMp Certification is very tight compare to other general certifications.Because it needs excellent skills and experience with the Projects.Some of the Universities providing these certification,but for this certification they are asking degree in related courses and genuine experience in managing the projects on that courses.
    As far as my concern this can not skipped by any illegal people who does not have any skills on the related courses but want to have the certification with in a day.
  • PMPCharmerPMPCharmer Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Project Management Training Courses offered by PMI asks experience about 5 years on any field.Because these Courses is based on the Professionalism of the persons who are willing to have a certification on PMP.
    Some Universities also providing the training courses, but for these courses they asking good skills,grip,and good experience on the Project they dealt with.Here experience is not enough to get certification,because the exam for this is very tricky as much that an experienced professional also even can't passed through the exam with out having proper preparation.
    I got the PMP certification 2 weeks ago. Do you guys think that I still have to go for the PRoject+?????
    close to MCSA!!
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got the PMP certification 2 weeks ago. Do you guys think that I still have to go for the PRoject+?????

I can't imagine why....
    you mean that there is no reason to go for the Project+????
    close to MCSA!!
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    I wouldn't say that there's NO reason to go for it, but if you already have PMP, then unless you just have money to burn or just really want a project-oriented cert that doesn't expire, I would just stick with the PMP - it has way more clout & respect than the Project+ exam.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion

There's not a reason that I can think of....

Unless you're going for a PM job and an employer says:
    employer wrote:
    "Wow, you have the PMP, but I really can't see hiring you unless you also have CompTIA's Project+."

This situation is about as likely to exist as a unicorn, and thus I can't see why pursuing Project+ would be beneficial. The Project+, like the PMP, is based on the PMBOK. The PMP however tends to be more highly respected.

If you're looking to demonstrate mastery of another approach to project management, I'd recommend looking into the PRINCE2 certifications.

Now....if you can still get in on the Project+ Beta for free, then it might be worth a go....

MS
    My boss is paying the Project+ that´s why he is forcing me to take it.. When it's due the new exam Project+ 2009. I checked prometric and I only found the 2003 objectives.. Thanks for the reply
    close to MCSA!!
  • ronzillaronzilla Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My boss is paying the Project+ that´s why he is forcing me to take it.. When it's due the new exam Project+ 2009. I checked prometric and I only found the 2003 objectives.. Thanks for the reply

PMP is the way to go, Can't your boss back you on saying you have worked on projects? I have done tons of project work at my job and i am just a deskside tech.
    ronzilla wrote: »
    PMP is the way to go, Can't your boss back you on saying you have worked on projects? I have done tons of project work at my job and i am just a deskside tech.

He's already earned the PMP.

MS
    eMeS wrote: »
    He's already earned the PMP.

MS

I was saying so that you can just take the PMP instead
    ronzilla wrote: »
    I was saying so that you can just take the PMP instead

This response makes even less sense...