Employment

noel123ienoel123ie Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there

Looks like I will be out of a job on Monday with months notice

I hope to have MCSA mid May and will either do MCSE or CCNA then-any thoughts?

Also I was wondering know a friend who is sys admin would it be advantagious to do some work experience with him until I get something else?

Thanks
Noel

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd finish up the MCSE first if I were you, and I would get as much experience as possible. It's nice that you have that opportunity.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a job though. Hopefully things turn around for you quickly :D
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sorry to hear that. Good luck with the job hunt icon_thumright.gif

I agree with dynamik, finish up the MCSE first.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    ahh c'mon guys, what about some Juniper certs :D

But seriously, I also agree with dynamik, get that MCSE done.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MCSE all the way .. it is "easier" to get into an MCSE job than it is to get into a Cisco related job without any decent experience.
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Aldur wrote: »
    ahh c'mon guys, what about some Juniper certs :D

Oh, sorry. I must have misunderstood him. I didn't realize he wanted to stay unemployed ;)
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Wish you the best of luck.

Wow everyone seems to recommend the MCSE, mainly because we live in a MS world (for the most part still) unfortunately.

What specifically would you guys recommend then?

MCSE 2003? MCSE Security? etc etc?
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    dynamik wrote: »
    Oh, sorry. I must have misunderstood him. I didn't realize he wanted to stay unemployed ;)

See dynamik, there's your problem, you don't listen and you gave advice on getting employment when all that was needed was advice on staying unemployed ;)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Wish you the best of luck.

Wow everyone seems to recommend the MCSE, mainly because we live in a MS world (for the most part still) unfortunately.

What specifically would you guys recommend then?

MCSE 2003? MCSE Security? etc etc?

Well the path is up to you to decide.. you could stay with the regular mcse 2003 since from waht ive read here the specialization does a lot of good for personnal knowledge but not for the CV...

You just pick what you like the most... messaging or security... also you could try and upgrade to mcitp once you get the mcse 2003