CCNP exams refresh

luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
Hi all,

I remember reading a while back that the CCNP exams would be changing to a new curriculum soon. Does anyone have any information on this?

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I haven't heard anything. Cisco usually gives pretty good advance notice so you should be good to start studying the current exams if that is what you are worried about.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    In most cases where you've passed some of the exams for the current set, they'll still count towards certification for 3 years from the date of passage, though I'm not sure how that effects exams which are being retired instead of just reworked (ie, for the previous version of CCNP, BCRAN and Troubleshooting were retired entirely and replaced with ISCW and ONT, while BSCI and BCMSN were just updated).

As mentioned, Cisco is pretty good at communicating any changes when updates are in the pipes, and they usually give plenty of lead time for the current exams to stay valid, so you you should get plenty of time to decide on what you need to do if there's an update midstream.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As mentioned, Cisco is pretty good at communicating any changes when updates are in the pipes, and they usually give plenty of lead time for the current exams to stay valid, so you you should get plenty of time to decide on what you need to do if there's an update midstream.

As forsaken mentioned, Cisco will post an official announcement when changes will be made. They will note what is bring retired, when, and what will be the successor exam.