Options

Bought Voucher thru VUE

amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I registered through VUE's website for the test. I know I should have found a deal, but I just needed to get it done. Do I just bring my receipt printout to the testing center?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Just show up with two forms of ID.
  • Options
    amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    vvjoe2002vvjoe2002 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I purchased my voucher from the link on this website for $215, which is pretty close to the actual cost of the exam. I could have tried looking around for a better deal, but I did that once before and bought a voucher off of eBay. It was a great deal, I bought the Net+ voucher for $157... It turned out to be invalid icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif So, I will never buy another voucher from eBay ever again. I did use PayPal, and disputed the charge, but it took me almost 2 months to get my money back. I think you are fine purchasing directly from VUE. I will only buy my vouchers from known legit sources from now on.
    Do not rely on others to follow you... Rely only on yourself to lead.
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    vvjoe2002 wrote: »
    I purchased my voucher from the link on this website for $215, which is pretty close to the actual cost of the exam. I could have tried looking around for a better deal, but I did that once before and bought a voucher off of eBay. It was a great deal, I bought the Net+ voucher for $157... It turned out to be invalid icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif So, I will never buy another voucher from eBay ever again. I did use PayPal, and disputed the charge, but it took me almost 2 months to get my money back. I think you are fine purchasing directly from VUE. I will only buy my vouchers from known legit sources from now on.

I sent you a PM about this. I'm going through the same problem...
  • Options
    vvjoe2002vvjoe2002 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I PM'd you back... seems we have a similar problem here....
    Do not rely on others to follow you... Rely only on yourself to lead.
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    vvjoe2002 wrote: »
    Ouch. Yeah, I've heard of other folks getting bum vouchers off ebay. Your best bet is to get it either directly from the testing center or from a known/reputable purveyor of discount vouchers. But if you DO get a voucher from someone off ebay, make sure to check out their feedback & history...if there's none or if there's bad feedback or multiple reports of funked up vouchers, run for the hills!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Make sure one of your ID's has a signature on it. I almost missed my first exam because I didn't have one. I had to run out in to my car and find something and sign it real quick.. they were about to send me packing.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    And make sure that it isn't one of the interim ID's. I had one, now my Prometric history shows a "No Show", as my ID wasn't usable for the exam. That really got me steamed. I had a new license (moved to Oregon again), and got it like 2 days before. It was a paper temporary license until the plastic one came in the mail. They couldn't accept it because "it could be forged". I tell you what, I was never so pissed in my life. $125 and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I drove 160 miles to take it. That was a few years ago with the 70-210.

So, if you have any questions on what will work, CALL THEM!