I finally did it!

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I got a perfect 700 icon_cool.gif

Well, that's 238 down, so I'm done with this track.

I used the same resources as I did here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/exchange-server-office-communications-server-exams/41858-worst-score-ever.html

I'll give this exam my vote for the most difficult of the three. Very ambiguous questions and a lot of material that was outside the scope of my study resources and Exchange in general.

My future studies are still up in the air, so I'm not sure what I'll move on to next. I have a couple of college courses to wrap up, and I might just casually work towards the Windows 7 beta exam and take it easy for awhile.

Edit: Yes, I know I have to update my profile, but that will have to wait since food takes priority ;)

Comments

• rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Wow, enjoy anyway, because you left under your shoulders that nightmare, (like Exchange exams are). icon_thumright.gif
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Congrats! You could always move on to the MCITP:EA track and use Windows 7 as your client exam.

I have 237 scheduled this week and was planning on 238 the end of May. I might push this out a week or two into June just to be safe.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Grats buddy, welcome to the 700 club. A very unique and prestigious organization of us that luckily scrap by on the skin of our teeth.

I'm unsure if I want to pursue this track considering 2010 is coming out soon.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    very Nice mate! enjoy it!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Claymoore wrote: »
    Congrats! You could always move on to the MCITP:EA track and use Windows 7 as your client exam.

Well, I already have 620, so my client exam is taken care of. I might be moving on to something else where MS technologies will play a more minor role, so I'm not sure if I'm going to dive into the last two for the upgrade (though I'll get to them at some point).
    Claymoore wrote: »
    I have 237 scheduled this week and was planning on 238 the end of May. I might push this out a week or two into June just to be safe.

I think you're going to be in a much better position with me. In all honesty, I struggled with things because they were outside my realm of expertise. You have a lot more real-world experience with that exam's material, so I wouldn't worry if I were you.
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    Grats buddy, welcome to the 700 club. A very unique and prestigious organization of us that luckily scrap by on the skin of our teeth.

Indeed icon_cool.gif
    Tyrant1919 wrote: »
    I'm unsure if I want to pursue this track considering 2010 is coming out soon.

Well, the 2010 will probably just have a single upgrade, like the SQL2005 > 2008 MCITP. I was considering going back and doing the 2003 exams, but now that 2010 is coming out, I might just pass on those.

I would encourage anyone who works with Exchange to complete the entire track. That will provide you with a much more comprehensive perspective than just doing 236.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, buddy. But. . . next time, you want to cut it a little closer? icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.