ElementK Courses via ACM.org

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I have to recommend these. They're awesome! For the $19.99 I paid for my student membership to ACM, it's WELL worth it!!!

I have a lot of free time at work, & I'm learning lots of things from the courses & virtual labs!

icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I have to recommend these. They're awesome! For the $19.99 I paid for my student membership to ACM, it's WELL worth it!!!

I have a lot of free time at work, & I'm learning lots of things from the courses & virtual labs!
    Thanks Fade, the regular price ($99) is still fantastic - and there is a 40% discount on Safari (which you get along with elementK and Books24x7). Signing up now. icon_thumright.gif
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    astorrs wrote: »
    Thanks Fade, the regular price ($99) is still fantastic - and there is a 40% discount on Safari (which you get along with elementK and Books24x7). Signing up now. icon_thumright.gif

hooray! icon_cheers.gif
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Where do I send the flowers Fade, this is awesome - you saved me a few K this year. :D
    astorrs wrote: »
    Where do I send the flowers Fade, this is awesome - you saved me a few K this year. :D

hahaha!

Skrpune is who posted the original thread about ACM though! icon_thumright.gif
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You can get similar offers through IEEE's computer society .."ieee.org & computer.org"
    it has some online learning courses too

IEEE Computer Society
    wd40 wrote: »
    You can get similar offers through IEEE's computer society .."ieee.org & computer.org"
    it has some online learning courses too

IEEE Computer Society

do they have a student discount?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    We've been chatting about it via IM; I think she's converted me as well. I'm just wondering how much time I'm going to be able to put into it.
    dynamik wrote: »
    We've been chatting about it via IM; I think she's converted me as well. I'm just wondering how much time I'm going to be able to put into it.

bwhahahaha icon_lol.gif
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Oh cool. I had no idea what ElementK was but this does look like a really nice deal. Thanks!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Well, damn. I'm already an IEEE member, now I have to shell out the money to join the Computer Society, too, so I can get the Element K training? Damn you, FadeToBright, and your evil, tempting ways. Don't you know I have enough to do without getting into more training? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Well, damn. I'm already an IEEE member, now I have to shell out the money to join the Computer Society, too, so I can get the Element K training? Damn you, FadeToBright, and your evil, tempting ways. Don't you know I have enough to do without getting into more training? icon_lol.gif

LOL! icon_lol.gif

I need the IEEE membership, is it still $50 even when you're a student? icon_scratch.gif
    Looks like it's $55 per year for students to join the IEEE Computer Society. Other IEEE groups have different prices, but that's the one that gives you the most.

*Edit: I'm an existing IEEE Student member and I was charged only $12.50 just now for adding the Computer Society membership. I don't know why, since the rate-chart says it's $25.

Looks like it's $55 per year for students to join the IEEE Computer Society. Other IEEE groups have different prices, but that's the one that gives you the most.

*Edit: I'm an existing IEEE Student member and I was charged only $12.50 just now for adding the Computer Society membership. I don't know why, since the rate-chart says it's $25.

Well that will have to wait a bit then. icon_lol.gif

They charged you for 6 months only ..

and yes, they do have special student rates.
    They charged you for 6 months only ..
    Nope, I'm signed up for a year.

Nope, I'm signed up for a year.
    some times they have promotions where they will charge you for 6 months only and give you the rest of the year ..

check your receipt
    some times they have promotions where they will charge you for 6 months only and give you the rest of the year ..

check your receipt
    Whatever happened, they charged me only $12.50 when the listed price was $25. (Doesn't matter how many times I check my receipt, it still states that I have a 12-month subscription.)

That is a good thing :) .. it is already cheap and you got a 50% discount ..

you can always send a mail to support if this is bugging you :D