CEH Exam v5 on May 5th @ 1pm

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Let me start off by saying what a hassle it has been to schedule this exam. EC-Council made me buy the voucher from them before they would give me another code. When I tried to schedule the exam with VUE it wouldn't allow me to enter the voucher and eligibility code at the same time. I had to call VUE to schedule the exam and the lady wasn't able to enter the voucher with the eligibility code so she entered just the voucher. So it should be interesting when I pass this exam and then have an issue since no eligibility code was entered. Should be alright because I do have one and I have been dealing with EC-Council via e-mail for a few days and they've been nice.

Finished the official review guide, going to read through the exam cram again and I finished the chapters that are part of the exam in the Nm@p Official Guide. Hopefully will post in a week with a pass!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good Luck mate!

I hope to gone down this road by year end, but I will have to take the V6, which i am sure you know is a lot and lot of material.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    True, but it is my understanding that the test is based on the same modules as v5.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Best of luck. Any advice as to where to start studying for this exam?

Specific books, write-ups, etc?

I understand that there is a complete guide at the Nm@p site?

Thanks and, again, good luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Don't bother with the CBT Nuggets.

The CEH Prep Guide - Ronald L. Krutz and Russell Dean Vines - This is probably the best book for those just starting out. Lots of details.

The Exam Cram I think is pretty good and I'm iffy on the Official Review Guide. You want to know the tools pretty well and have the concepts down pat. Hopefully, I'll be posting a passed here in a couple of days! Also, if you don't have the security background take the class with a company who really teaches the stuff, not just one for passing the test!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • femzy112femzy112 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Grinch,

I have been reading through most of your posts and i want to wish you well in your forthcoming exams which i wish to take in 2 months time except that i will be taking the v6.IMHO i feel the v6 exam should be divided into 2 as it comprises of whooping 67 modules.Thats a whole bunch to test one @ once.Once again i want to wish you all this best in your exam.
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    Rescheduled for Thursday, gotta make sure I pass this time ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    True, but it is my understanding that the test is based on the same modules as v5.

Well, that would be sweet, but it doesn't really make sense to have all these added modules and not test you on them.

BTW, how much of a real world experience do you have in using tools and testing and stuff. I work in such a office but this is not what I currently do, more on the network side, this is something I would want to do in near future.
    My BS in in Computing and Security Technology and most of the courses I took covered the information in the exam. Beyond working with tools at home, school, and projects I didn't have any work experience. I sent them my resume with all security courses I took, course descriptions, and jobs I have worked. Yeah the added modules are what they consider self-study, not enough time in the course they give to cover everything....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff