I Passed Network+ TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amtt81amtt81 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am so happy! I passed today with a score of 780!
I really found this forum helpful and couldnt wait to post this!

I was heading on to Security+ next, but any other recommendations would be great.

I already have A+ so I think I will be shooting for MCSA. I have heard people say you should be focusing on CCNA after net and sec+ tests - is that because there is some information overlap?

Thanks again for all your help and support!

study materials used were:
Meyers 2005 objectives ( I didnt like this and thought much of the specifics regarding distances for cabling and wireless distances were different from the other materials I used - i also thought too much time was spent making it cute, and not enough on covering what was going to be on the test - but opinions vary)
Exam Cram2 Network+ Study Guide ( I thought this was great and covered a ton, despite having some typos. I felt this really helped where Meyers was lacking. )
Exam Cram2 Practice questions ( I thought these questions were very helpful in getting me prepared, although the test was buggy and would give different answers certain times - sometimes the wrong letter would be listed as the right answer, but the answer description would point to the right answer - then the next time it wouldnt do that - so kinda buggy - but overall I thought it was good)

TechExams Forum and Practice tests & Technotes for review

MCMCSE.com practice tests

ProProfs.com practice tests - these I thought were the hardest, and as of last night - my scores made me wonder if I would pass.

Comments

• vvjoe2002vvjoe2002 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats! I passed Net+ today also! Keep it up icon_cheers.gif
    Do not rely on others to follow you... Rely only on yourself to lead.
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    icon_thumright.gif Congrats!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Good Job! congratz and good luck on future tests!icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats!

The path I chose after the Net+ was Security+ followed by the Microsoft path. I have no regrets with that path. The one thing I will point out, is that where I live the CCNA seems to have more value than an MCSE... It might be worthwhile to try the Cisco path first.
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    The one thing I will point out, is that where I live the CCNA seems to have more value than an MCSE...

I always knew detroit was crazy!