CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide 5th edition?

mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
I heard Shon Harris was doing a CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide 5th edition to include recent updates. Does anyone know when this is expected to be released?
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    According to amazon.com, it's due out January 31, 2010. However, publish dates that far in advance tend to slip, so I wouldn't bother waiting for it. I just took the CISSP exam a few months ago using the 3rd edition of AIO and its information was very relevant.
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    if you are studying for the CISSP don't sit around and wait for the 5th edition. I've read the 4th edition, and it is wonderful. From my understanding it was a refinement of 3rd, and included more case studies and was easier to read. All in all the information stays the same, the CISSP test has not had a major change recently and would not require waiting for a new book if you have the 4th edition.

Good luck on your CISSP path.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I sat the same exam as Unsupported (though he may not remember hehe) and I also used the AIO 4th edition and found it to be more than enough information to pass the exam. Just make sure to search some of the other threads from those who took the exam recently as many people have given wonderful feedback on how they prepared and what to expect.

Good luck!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    down77 wrote: »
    I sat the same exam as Unsupported (though he may not remember hehe) and I also used the AIO 4th edition and found it to be more than enough information to pass the exam. Just make sure to search some of the other threads from those who took the exam recently as many people have given wonderful feedback on how they prepared and what to expect.

Good luck!

Are you following me... or something? I'd probably remember you... if I knew who you were. :p
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Somewhere up on cccure there is a post that says what the differences are between the AIO 4th edition and the recent updates. IIRC, it's fairly trivial.
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    I sat the exam in April using the 4th edition and did just fine. I wouldnt wait for 5th edition.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
    j_a_s_o_n wrote: »
    Somewhere up on cccure there is a post that says what the differences are between the AIO 4th edition and the recent updates. IIRC, it's fairly trivial.
    The posting is the diffs between AIO3 and AIO4. In AIO4, the legal section (chapter 10) was completely re-written, and other sections had some new material added. So yes, it's best to use AIO4 over AIO3 and not bother to wait for AIO5.
  • tdempseytdempsey Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the exam in November using the 4th edition and it was complete.
  • jawad1jawad1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    tdempsey wrote: »
    I passed the exam in November using the 4th edition and it was complete.

I am new to CISSP Cert and planning to prepare for it. I bought Shon Harris All-in-one Second Edition long time back. It seems 5th edition is about to come. Now this might sound like a stupid question but here I go. What are the differences between second edition and fourth edition? Is it ok if I start preparing from second edition and wait to buy new one until 5th edition is out. Just so that you know 5th edition is not out yet.

Thanks,
    Jawad
    The CISSP AIO 5th edition is due out next month, so it won't hurt to read the much-outdated 2nd edition until then. Or you can buy and start reading the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK, read all the posts in the CISSP forums at www.cccure.org, and even start working through the CISSP questions at www.freepracticetests.org. Lots to do for the CISSP exam there is.