Options

Failed 70-299

Sad.SackSad.Sack Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just failed the 70-299 exam with a score of 565.icon_sad.gif A lot of very long PKI scenario questions and I ran out of time.

I'm not sure if I can get past that because I am a slow reader and a question like that can take me 8 or 9 minutes. Even if I know the subject, that large volume of words can really slow me down. I guess my strategy will have to be to so master the simple stuff that I can answer the easy questions in 5-10 seconds in order to leave myself a lot of time to spend on the story problems.

I will wait a year and try again.

Comments

• Options
    Sad.SackSad.Sack Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As an aside, the test I had seemed VERY old. No questions involving Vista clients, and very few about WinXP clients, mostly Win2000 clients. It didn’t affect any of the answers… just very strange.
    Also, no WSUS questions, but lots of SUS questions.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think a month or two would be sufficient. I think you need more practice is determining which information is relevant and which isn't. You might want to check out Transcender or another practice exam; that should help you with that. Are you taking the test in your native language?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass... I would look over your material and really study the areas you are having trouble. As Dynamik suggested, I would try some other practice exams. 8 or 9 weeks of practice should get you ready. If you wait too long, you may forget too much material.