So I took the exam today, got an 807. Damn it.

alejobalejob Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm gonna take it aganin next week I think. Had 15 minutes left for the last 15 questions. Spent to much time on the simulations.

Comments

• polmpolm Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    alejob wrote:
    I'm gonna take it aganin next week I think. Had 15 minutes left for the last 15 questions. Spent to much time on the simulations.

look at the bright side; at least you have an idea of what you need to work on.
  • KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you enlighten us on what you experienced on the exam ? What were the Sims on and how involved were they. Did you run into much Frame and ISDN ?

Any help you have would be much appreciated. I am currently studying for this exam.

Thanks
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    807 FAILS? What do you need to pass? I heard most people fail the CCNA the first time, so don't be too hard on yourself. You'll pass next time :D
  • alejobalejob Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You need a 849 to pass. I can't say much since you have to sign a Confidentiality Agreement when you take the test.

I will say that the sims were not as tough as I expected. You get basicaly a little bit of everything. But you have to know what you are doing.

I struggled throught the first Qs but it got easier as I went along.
  • LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    807 FAILS? What do you need to pass? I heard most people fail the CCNA the first time, so don't be too hard on yourself. You'll pass next time :D

You didn't fail. You just didn't pass. A big difference. You don't fail unil you quit trying. I like the way at the end of the test if you didn't get enouph stuff right it sais - "Sorry, you did not pass. Please, try again".
    (I've seen it with my own eyes icon_eek.gif ). If it were easy anyone could do it.

I go in for my second attempt this Saterday. I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not...
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    You didn't fail. You just didn't pass. A big difference. You don't fail unil you quit trying. I like the way at the end of the test if you didn't get enouph stuff right it sais - "Sorry, you did not pass. Please, try again".
    (I've seen it with my own eyes icon_eek.gif ). If it were easy anyone could do it.

I go in for my second attempt this Saterday. I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not fail, I will not...

Great attitude, should get you a long way. icon_thumright.gif Good luck on Saturday!
  • hhisgetthhisgett Member Posts: 181
    I agree with Johan....great attitude! Applaud. I will re-start my CCNA studies in January.

Good luck on the next exam!
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Hey man, at least you have the knowledge to take the exam. ALOT people cannot even comprehend any Cisco equipment or even begin to ATTEMPT to take the exam. Theres no fine line between knowing Cisco gear & not. You’ll get it.
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Sorry to hear you didn't pass, but it is great that you are going to try again. The CCNA is a worthy challenge, and passing it is something to be proud of. You'll get it.

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • stallion750stallion750 Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like that attitude as well :D
  • mikeeomikeeo Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I passed on the 16th and spent 15 minutes on the OSPF sim I had. Actuallty at one point on the exam I had more questions left than minutes..lol but I finished with 23 minutes left on the exam. You can EASILY make up the time with the gimme questions which take about 5 seconds to answer.
  • KMAN24KMAN24 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what would everyone think the max time you should spend on the Sims would be ?
  • alejobalejob Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I took the test again and got a 931. So I passed :P I'm happy.

I felt like the second time around the test was a little bit more dificult but I was a lot more prepared.

I think you should spend 10 minutes on the sims, I took a little more time on the first try but around 10 minutes the second time.
  • netheadnethead Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on your pass, a great score.
    "The time for talking is over. Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign. "
    - Rimmer, Polymorph
  • nanoagenanoage Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awsome score. Good job man!
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    congradulations, Good job. what are you planning on next?