Cover me, I'm going in....

Sanger80Sanger80 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have the test scheduled for this Thursday (5/7/2009). I read the MS Press book cover to cover and practiced using Transcender. I also read most of the stickies that Royal was so nice to post (thanks Royal!). Oh yeah, I also have been using AD as an enterprise systems engineer since it came out and have been in the business for 15 years......

.......yet I'm still extremely nervous.

Why you ask? Because I failed the 291, the only MS test I have ever failed and it destroyed my ego and confidence. Any who, I'll let you all know how I do and what to look out for (topic wise) after I get out. After this, all I have is the 298 and FINALLY my NT 4.0 MCSE will be 2003.

Thanks to all who contribute to this site. The technical and moral support have been invaluable.

Comments

• bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck, you seem to be in good shape to tackle this one. Don't let missing the 291 the first time knock your confidence either, I didn't find this one too bad. And you've done yourself a huge favour by reading those excellent stickies by Royal.

icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    I'm in position to cover your flank. Move out soldier.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    I know all what You are saying man, so best of luck, hope You return your direct punch to them and the match will be over.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • Sanger80Sanger80 Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passed with a 769. I had 40 minutes left to double check, but just wanted to get out of there and relax, so I rolled the dice and ended the exam. Like everyone says, the questions are not bad, it's the verbiage and garbage data they throw at you to scramble your brain. Anyways, read the MS Press book, read the Royal stickies and practice with the Transcender and you should do fine. You just have to be honest with yourself about your grasp of the subject matter. If you're not 100%, don't take the exam.
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Congratulations and good luck for your next (and last) exam on the MCSE 2003 track.
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, good luck with the 298!
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln