Options

Anyone buy from the MCP store?

JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
Im trying to break away from so much caffeine so i bought an MCITP water bottle.

Perhaps its a little pretentious but now I dont have to buy water in a bottle and I can piss off my coworker that cant pass exams without dumping. icon_lol.gif

Just wondering if anyone buys stuff from it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you only allowed to buy one if you're an MCITP? That'd be funny.

No, I never buy from them. However, I've seen they occasionally have some good discounts on training materials.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Are you only allowed to buy one if you're an MCITP? That'd be funny.

No, I never buy from them. However, I've seen they occasionally have some good discounts on training materials.

Actually, yes.

There are sections of of stores that open up as you earn a cert.

For instance i am an MCP, MCTS and MCITP, so those sections are open to me.

You would have all of them since you have basically all the cert levels.
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    I haven't checked but did they ever do those baseball caps they made on Trika's blog?
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do the separate the real MCITPs from the EST?

I kid, I kid...
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Do the separate the real MCITPs from the EST?

I kid, I kid...

icon_lol.gif

I plan on finishing out the SA within the next couple months so i'll hoepfully be real enough for you then.

They do have quite a bit of the "Im a PC" stuff on there but none of the hats from Trikas blog that ive seen yet icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Jordus wrote: »
    They do have quite a bit of the "Im a PC" stuff on there but none of the hats from Trikas blog that ive seen yet icon_sad.gif
    I really wanted one of those Chuck Norris hats...
    http://blogs.msdn.com/blogfiles/trika/WindowsLiveWriter/IsitjustmeoramIstilldoingthis_85DC/Rockstar_Chuck%5B3%5D.jpg
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Jordus wrote: »
    That's a shame...I'd probably plunk down money for some of those hats, they were frickin' hysterical!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I bought an MCP shirt from the store years ago when I passed. It was buried somewhere in the closet. I found it sometime last year, and I debated wearing it into the NOC to see how many dirty looks I could get (I work in a Debian shop).

I ultimately decided that'd be a bad idea, as I don't want them to know I actually know anything about Microsoft products. If I did, they'd start shoving those tickets at me :)