Options

Study habits

FigFig Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm getting ready to take the Net + in about 5 weeks and was wondering what your study habits are. I'm the type of person that crames at the last and I know I will fail if I study like that. Just want to know what works for you? Study 2 hours a day, weekends, before you go to bed ect Thanks

Comments

• Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    If I know a bit about the exam I'm taking then I can get away with last minute cramming, I wouldn't recommend it as a form of studying however!

But if I'm new to a topic, it's repetition, repetition, repetition and.... breaks. Take plenty of breaks. See if you really remember what you've read or watched.

Keep notes or highlight or check out the CramSession notes and keep doing a little everyday until you go through your notes and chapter questions until you can say, I know that, I know that or you can hide the first part of a sentence like HTTP Port.... 80 and you know it was 80 before you checked it. Small personal tests. Then maybe use Transcender or something similar. I find the reading the most important thing to get over with first, as it's memorizing the small details later that makes you pass the exam but the book gives you the big picture first.
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Fig wrote: »
    I'm getting ready to take the Net + in about 5 weeks and was wondering what your study habits are. I'm the type of person that crames at the last and I know I will fail if I study like that. Just want to know what works for you? Study 2 hours a day, weekends, before you go to bed ect Thanks

Depends on your study habits as far as what works best for you.
    Some like to study in the morning first thing, other in the evening.

Typically, best thing is to establish a routine and keep the same time/day each day and make sure you are making progress, not just hanging up on a topic and staying there. Have a plan and keep moving through, as you near the end (and CompTIA stuff is easy with their objective layout), then revisit the areas you may feel need a bit more time.

I don't personally cram, never developed that habit and all these years later, still don't.

I vary between morning or evening, just depends how it fits in with the day.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Super99Super99 Member Posts: 274
    I study for an hour in the AM, then break for a few, then study again for an hour. On weekends, I study around noon for 4 hrs with 10 min breaks.
    This may sound wierd but set your goals and write them to stay focused. I've heard this method a million times, but it actually does work. Set your goal to study X hrs everyday. Then when you do that, reward yourself.
    I hope this helps.
  • Options
    nick619nick619 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For me it depends on the exam or how hard I think it will be. Either I would read a chapter or two in the evening every night or just cram at the last minute.