ccna exam

amiramir Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
HI, I did the exam, but I did not have any luck, I was nerves and I found it difficult, I was wondering if you could tell me about a complete hands-on labs for ccna.

Thank

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry to hear that Amir...

What book did you use? Doesn't it contain full labs/ written labs?

Any specific topics you found most difficult?

You might want to buy a router sim, so you can practice pretty much every command you need to know for the exam.

Maybe we'll be able to create some labs here at TechExams.Net... I'll get back on that....
  • amiramir Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, there, thank you for your email, I am a bit sad because I really did not think that I was going to fail, but I believe my weak side is Practice and bit of subnetting ( for example when you have a question where it says that in group b or c they want 700 network and 500 host) I do not know how to calculate that.

another one was, what do you use for the bandwidth in IGRP:

METRIC 56000
    BANDWIDTH 56000

The course that I have is CCNA VIRTUAL TRAINING CERTIFICATION KIT, which I think is a bit light on the practice side, I have seen the ROUTERSIM, but I do not know which one is best, because apart from learning the configuration in detail, I think I need tests for configurations too.

I was also thinking about an office practical virtual lab or hands on ( which you might know) from Cisco.

I will wait a few days to find it and then I will start preparing my self again.

One last thing, do you know the average that a person takes to pass the exam, I have hear from once to a few times and some times maybe more.

Thank you.

Amir
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Subnetting is an essential part of CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and CC... well pretty much for all Cisco certs you need to know subnetting as if it was a simple as counting from 1 to 10. I suggest you go to www.learntosubnet.com and practice a lot. Just make up an IP address with the numbers of subnets and hosts and start calculating.

We should have our CCNA Routing Protocols TechNote online within 2 weeks or so.

If you want to buy a router simulator, try www.boson.com or www.routersim.com

Cisco does not provide free practice labs as far as I know, but you can find anything you need on www.cisco.com including configuration examples.

I don't know the exact numbers, but I think at least 50% need to take the exam at least twice to pass...
  • amiramir Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    www.learntosubnet.com does not exist, also, I can not decide which router is best in in routersim.com and I am looking for cisco official lab (which you might know) as far as is complate and covers ccna objectives, I do not mind buying it.

Thank you
  • henrock2henrock2 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi, i believe the link you were looking for is this one,http://www.howtosubnet.com/ enjoy,sorry to hear about your test. Good luck on the next one,never give up hope and study hard you can do it.
    I am going for broke, and i love every minute of it.
  • mishoomishoo Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hi amir

sorry for ur test
    i my self don't know sites abt subnetting but i think u should search net and goi through them u will find much better stufff
    i always search gooooogle for every assignment to project :)

hope u better try next time

mishal
  • hnauhnau Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    A good refference for subnetting.
    learntosubnet.com
    That's a good site for anyone new to subnetting