Passed

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Well, after some confusion with Prometric and the day I scheduled this exam (supposed to take it yesterday) I passed with a 711 out of 900. Onto Server+ next week.
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Cool, congrats!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats! What study materials did you use?
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    For this test I only used Sybex. The reading was a little dry but the questions in the book are pretty good for testing your knowledge. It's just the amount of info you have to remember.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats!!!

How long did you study for?

Was it the book from 2004?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    I ended up studying for about 3 weeks intensively.
    Currently Studying:
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Awesome! Thanks for the Info... I actually have the Sybex book, but as you said the reading is dry. After the past 2 months, I've only managed to get through 4 chapters.

To be fair, I've had other exams going and it's starting to get nice here in Michigan, nice weather hinders my ability to study.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    So was there any tricky questions???

Megadeth:
    Yea it has been getting nicer here :D Have you been to the beach??
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Got my certificate in the mail yesterday. Have to say i'm a little disappointed though. Glad to have the cert, don't get me wrong, but the fact that they printed the cert on plain paper from an inkjet that has several clogged jets. Hopefully the Security+ test i'm working on still looks like the one I saw in the forums.
    Currently Studying:
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed mine with a score of 700. I cant believe that the passing score is just 499.
  • puertorico123puertorico123 Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    azjag wrote: »
    Got my certificate in the mail yesterday. Have to say i'm a little disappointed though. Glad to have the cert, don't get me wrong, but the fact that they printed the cert on plain paper from an inkjet that has several clogged jets. Hopefully the Security+ test i'm working on still looks like the one I saw in the forums.

how looks the new certification? my last comptia certification is color blue and a varius circle.
    HOLD:
    Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+

2009 Plan:
    MCSA...75%
    CCENT....0%
    70-648..0%

2010 Plan:
    MCITP
    ORACLE
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For this test I only used Sybex. The reading was a little dry but the questions in the book are pretty good for testing your knowledge. It's just the amount of info you have to remember.

Do you have the ISBN Number for this text?
    I'm doing the 2009 Beta in a couple of weeks.

Ron
    Here you go.

# ISBN-10: 078214408X
    # ISBN-13: 978-0782144086

Good luck with the beta test
    Currently Studying:
  • Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Here you go.

# ISBN-10: 078214408X
    # ISBN-13: 978-0782144086

Good luck with the beta test

Thanks! Very much appreciated....

I'm patiently waiting for the results from the Server+ beta as well...

Ron
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Congratulations !!!