Sscp

kmornotkmornot Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Should this be my next step?

I have my Sec+, C|EH and GCIH.

Comments appreciated

Comments

• coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    with the certs that you already have, I don't think so, or at least I wouldn't if I was in your spot. CISSP sounds more like the next thing, regardless of you satisfying the experience requirements.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CISSP is a good choice but why not knock the SSCP out of the way. On the surface it looks like you would meet the experience requirements for SSCP. Knock it out first and you get an extra cert to list on your resume.

Just my two cents.
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I would go with the CISSP.

Really, the only benefit of taking the SSCP at this point is that it will help you prepare for the CISSP. You would study several of the same domains and you would learn the ISC2 exam process.

The SSCP is far less recognized by employers, recruiters, and HR personnel than the CISSP. A simple search on the job boards will bear this out. Even if you don't have the experience, take and pass the CISSP. You would be an associate until you earn the experience.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    What are your reasons for getting certs? Don't go for the CISSP, or any other certs, if it won't help you with your goals.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Can you brief us on your experience ?
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• kmornotkmornot Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I currently work in a Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT). I already blow my yearly training on the CEH class. (Disappointed). I was looking at the SSCP. It looks to be a good cert and very obtainable with my experience. I would rather take a SANS course, since I enjoyed that, but my company wont send me to another training course. I feel very unsatisfied with the CEH.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    If you're working with incident response, I suggest you go for CISM, and then CISSP.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• certifactscertifacts Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Kmornot,
    why were you unsatisfied with the CEH ?
    br,.
    Certfacts
  • contentproscontentpros Member Posts: 115 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did the sec+ --> SSCP --> CISSP route and I am happy I did. It is a nice progression of knowledge. If it is a purely money decision I think having the CISSP yields a quicker return.