Options

Passed 70-640 today!!

saad3000saad3000 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys! managed to pass the 70-640 AD Exam today, took me 30 minutes :) with a score of 1000/1000!!!

Prepared the exam using Trainsignal video AD,Preplogic and Transcender also used as practice test exams and read the Microsoft Configuring AD-Training Kit...

Going for the next exam 70-642 in a while :)

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Looks like you've used some dubious resources there, a.k.a cheating icon_rolleyes.gif

Use certguard.com to check all your resources.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Spent 3 months preparing for this exam and applying getting any available resource! Iam paying also for a training classes! So I deserve passing!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    saad3000 wrote: »
    So I deserve passing!

You don't if you use braindumps .... if you attend certain classes, study for three month and would still fail without using those *bleep* then you need to study even more ...

It is no excuse .. full stop .. Nobody would give you a "congrats" when you score 1000/1000 and used braindumps as study material .. at least not here anyway ..
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Spent 3 months preparing for this exam and applying getting any available resource! Iam paying also for a training classes! So I deserve passing!

Not when you use brain **** to pass the exam by just memorising the answers, lose the brain **** and then you deserve to pass!
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • Options
    First of all dave, I just read about the thing called: "brain ****" I didn't even know what they are or if they exist am a new guy for the cert scene! I just thought its just another pratice exam! which to me were all legitimates! Now After reading on certguard.com I obtained the Idea. Do I have to blame myself?
  • Options
    First of all dave, I just read about the thing called: "brain ****" I didn't even know what they are or if they exist am a new guy for the cert scene! I just thought its just another pratice exam! which to me were all legitimates! Now After reading on certguard.com I obtained the Idea. Do I have to blame myself?

Fair enough. Now you know for the next time .. Having said that though, Microsoft don't care whether you knew it is a brain **** or not. If they find out you'll be banned ... How long did it take you to pass the exam ?
  • Options
    30 minutes. out of 80 mins, how do I know if am Banned or not? I took it in my test center...
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    When the 083-640 Exam comes out in your area, take that.

It includes VM's so in my opinion really gets rid of the argument of people only using brain ****.

You have to know physically how to configure the server and not just the knowledge on how to answer the multiple choice.

If you use a brain ****, you may as well have not earned the cert in the first place.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Like they say mate, ignorance is not an excuse. Since you found out what braindumps are and how they can harm your career, just stop using them. Prepare for the exam using legit material, when in doubt, check on certguard.com.

Just a small story my previous manager told us. There was this guy that came over to fix some crippling AD (replication and the like) issues. And he was the guy that the case had been escalated to. So the guy rocks up, feeling high and mighty. My boss said he could see the guy literally shaking when he could make neither head nor tail of what was being presented before him. To top it off, the company's CTO, CIO and IT manager were also at the presentation. But the dude didnt say he couldnt fix it, somehow gained composure and said he wanted some time and access to a computer and the internet. He obviously did a google search, downloaded and ran a script which brought everything to a complete standstill.

The big shots were notified of what happened and you can imagine their fury. The guy was reported to the company that sent him and Microsoft. The last that was heard of him was that he was fired and his certs were revoked. Dunno if he was banned for life.

This doesnt happen often but sure is a lesson to learn from.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    I used beside "the so called brain ****" alot of test engine, preplogic and transcender! In addition to the braindump one that I DID not even know that these things actually exist! Also I watched and applied the Trainsignal Videos of Active directory! and took notes and read the Microsoft AD Training kit! spent alot of time studying... Until today I was shocked about braindumps! decertifications/ etc... really this is new to me....
  • Options
    Alright, I now know how to avoid studying from braindump.. But I hope my 70-640 exam won't be revoked or stopped by microsoft... thats all..
  • Options
    d00dled00dle Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I thought Preplogic and Transcender were legit (though Preplogic is useless imo).
    Comptia A+
    220-601: Essentials - score 685 (March, 2009)
    220-602: IT Technician - score 792 (March, 2009)

Comptia Network+
    N10-003 - score 554 (April, 2009)

MCTS
    70-620: Configuring Windows Vista - score 807 (May, 2009)
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    d00dle wrote: »
    I thought Preplogic and Transcender were legit (though Preplogic is useless imo).
    Of course they are legit. Always check certguard.com when in doubt about prep resources.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Alright, I now know how to avoid studying from braindump.. But I hope my 70-640 exam won't be revoked or stopped by microsoft... thats all..

Unless you haven't seen the cert show up on your transcript or didn't get the congratulatory email, you're probably okay. If Microsoft should find out, be honest with them and let them know that you didn't understand what braindumps were and now you've stopped using them. As long as you've figured out that those "other" practice exams weren't a good idea and you check your sources with certguard.com from now on, it's all good. The Trainsignal videos, the MS Press book, Transcender and Preplogic practice tests are all perfectly legal and excellent study guides.

Good luck with your future exams, hopefully you'll have plenty of input for the forum as your (legitimate) studies progress. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    rwwest7rwwest7 Member Posts: 300
    It is possible to not know what brain **** are. When I was getting ready for the A+ I was using multiple practice exams, one of which turned out to be a brain ****. I didn't even realize it until test day and I saw the exact same questions. What's funny is the brain **** were by far the easiest of the practice exams I was using, so I didn't even suspect they were what they turned out to be. I have avoided that brand of practice exams ever since then, I just felt dirty afterwords.
  • Options
    Thanks, I didn't recieve any email yet from Prometric till now. I wonder if it will really take them 3 business days to send an email to me. Maybe because this is my first certificate exam I do... However I got a 2 papers attached with the results of what I did just after I finished the exam from my Test Center, but no personal congratulatory e-mail.
  • Options
    electricityelectricity Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They are going to send you a bouquet of flowers and a trophy, that's why you didnt receive a congratulatory email.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    Funny but I got my email the very next day from Microsoft.

I sat 083-640 last week Thursday. Friday I had my welcome letter from Microsoft and MCP ID. Today got another email with stating my welcome kit had been posted. All within a week of sitting it last week Thursday.

I suspect Microsoft look heavily at exams that people get 1000/1000 from and scrutinize the fact that you only took 30 mins to complete it too. It took me hours to pass 083-640 (which is the same exam for 70-640 but it has the new testing arrangement with VM's) and I finished with about 1 hour to go in the 4.5 hours allowed for it. But I had to work for it.

I enjoy the fact that new testing is going to make it very hard for people to use brain **** and wish that they would implement it on all testing. It would certainly mean then that you really are an MCP when you pass and the cert will start to really mean something.

My score card also stated that " This is only a preliminary score report and is subject to review by Microsoft." So they can review your score it would seem and change it if they deem fit. However I am not sure if only multi choice exams have this disclaimer or if it only applies to the VM ones.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    Depending on the Prometric center they normally send the results through at the end of the working day which then also changes the status on the webpage from Prometric from Pending to Passed / Failed.

Then on the day after that, I normally received the email from Microsoft (5.30am GMT - almost exactly every time I passed one).

You won't receive an email from Prometric as you should have received a printout onsite.

Mind you, some dude was working for Prometric and apparently they have to report people passing in under 30 minutes which then results in checking video footage and other meanings such as click pattern etc. They call that forensic analasys ..

Not trying to make you feel bad .. just saying how it is .. Again, it also depends on the center ... but as far as I know they started last July / August to try to find cheater ..

One thing you can do is checking the Prometric site to see if the status has changed to pass yet
  • Options

I only have the results directly printed out on a 2 A4 papers at the center yesterday after I finished the exam. Could you give me a direct link to check the pending/pass/fail status on prometric? or Do I have to login with I don't know what credential inorder to check the status. Knowing that the Test Center schedualed and did everything for the exam to happen.
  • Options
    I only have the results directly printed out on a 2 A4 papers at the center yesterday after I finished the exam. Could you give me a direct link to check the pending/pass/fail status on prometric? or Do I have to login with I don't know what credential inorder to check the status. Knowing that the Test Center schedualed and did everything for the exam to happen.

You can check the exam history here :

Candidate History

But yes, you do need your login details. If you don't have any then phone them up

ContactUs

On the printout you should find the Candidate ID on the top right corner.
  • Options
    sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
    Of course it's impossible to pass. Especially if you think so :)