Options

Bluetooth Headset Recommendations?

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
I think I'm finally going to break down and get one of these things. I'm finding myself needing to be hands-free more and more (let's pretend I'm not talking about driving).

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Are there any compatibility issues I should be aware of? I'll probably get a Palm Pre, iPhone, or other smart phone this summer, and I'd like something that would be (or at least have a good chance of being) compatible with one of those.

TIA

P.S. I promise I won't be one of those guys that wears it all the time.

Comments

• Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    If you go iPhone you could get these headphones. Obviously not bluetooth but handy all the same.

ZAGG | Z.buds | iPhone Earbuds, In-ear Headphones, Earphones
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    The only bluetooth headset I can actually hear the other person on the phone while driving that is comfortable, easy to put on, actually stays on your ear, and is reasonably priced.

Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 510 Bluetooth Headset [Retail Packaged]: Cell Phones & Service

There might be other good ones now, but I tried a bunch of them a couple of years ago (tried two Motorolas, two Jabras) until finally trying that one. I refuse to buy anything else now. Only things against them is they're ugly as sin and don't use a mini-USB charger cable. But that's minor to the other stuff above IMO.

Recently, I lost mine, and didn't even look around, just ordered the same one. icon_lol.gif

Edit: you might end up wearing it all the time because you don't even realize it's on because it's so comfortable.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I like my Plantronics Voyager 815. It's one of the best in terms of call quality as well as transmit quality that I've used, and I've used quite a few. I also like it's Multipoint technology so I can have it paired with my Storm as well as my desktop in the office so it can act as a headset for my softphone without having to pair from one to the other.

I would suggest checking some forums for the phone you are most likely to get though, because this same headset didn't work well at all with my former Motorola Q9c.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ok, maybe I'll hold off until I get a new phone then. I like Plantronics a lot (xbox headsets), so that seems like a logical choice. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    dynamik wrote: »
    Ok, maybe I'll hold off until I get a new phone then. I like Plantronics a lot (xbox headsets), so that seems like a logical choice. Thanks guys.

I use Jabra, sound quality is decent. But after a while of having it around your ear it starts to become annoying.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    someeh wrote: »
    But after a while of having it around your ear it starts to become annoying.

I have this exact issue with any headset. It's all better when people stop talking though.