Options

Security+: The Pros and Cons?

mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
So yea... I'm really thinking of going for Sec+ Cert. It sounds like it's a hard exam from what I've heard from my friends. I'd like to know whats good and bad about the exam and how much weight that they think that it is worth on their resume. icon_eek.gif
thnx guys
-vince
Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Strictly my opinion:

It seems that Security+ is presently a very popular exam, and for good reason. Check out this link about apparent IT opportunities, http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5519, from a post by Webmaster. A statement about the growing importance of Network Security and the recognition of it's importance.

Also, Security+ is recognized by M$ so that you can use it to fulfill one of the requirements for a Security Specialty on MCSA.

However, I would think that, depending on your experience, a person might first want to get certified on a M$ Server/Client combo of MCPs at least before tackling a security specialty certification so that there would be some knowledge of what is being secured.

The matter of difficulty encountered seems to depend on depth of experience and not amount of exam preparation, although it takes both because security covers such a wide area of expertise.

Like is said--MO.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thnx janmike... i didnt know that about MS... thnx. I cant wait to take it! Thnx for your help
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.