IOMEGA Nas Box Buyer beware

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have ordered two of these IX4-100 2 TB units. Both have stopped working within two weeks, one was loaded with data for a remote office. Data is now proably gone, IOMEGA says they will recover for a fee starting at 5k, paid 600 for the unit.

Tech support is laughable at best. Troubleshooting steps, turn off, turn back on, re-seat drives. Their older NAS units had windows appliance edition and had a video card where you could use it as a console and see what was going on, this one only has a LED indicator.

Their tech guys have been taking lessons in manners from AOL's Tech support Staff. On a 1 -10 rating I give these guys a solid 1.

You'd be way ahead of the game to order a box from Dell.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Backup next time :P
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    ahhhhhhhhh Iomega --- how I cringe at thee!

anyone remember those SCSI zip drives? every other one was practically bad or eventually went bad --- worked in a lab way back in the day that went through those like water

good times! icon_rolleyes.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    anyone remember those SCSI zip drives? every other one was practically bad or eventually went bad --- worked in a lab way back in the day that went through those like water
    If you had 1 bad drive then you'd quite likely end up with a whole bunch of bad drives. The problem was "infectious". Somebody with a damaged Zip disc would use it in a drive and damage the heads in that drive. Somebody else would come along with a good Zip disc and then proceed to damage it in the bad drive. They then go and try it in another drive and spread the "infection" etc...