All finished

cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, It is finished. I completed my CCNP journey today. I passed ISCW this morning. I must say for me this was the toughest exam to date, I know for other techs this exam seems easy but I took it all the way to the end finishing with only 16 seconds to spare. I kept getting up and pacing the room, the proctor was just staring at me. There were some really, really tough questions. I used the official cert guide, cbt, and a home lab.
icon_cheers.gif
As for the future, I have set July 20 as my deadline for being ready for the written, and April 2010 for my lab attempt.

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! Where are you planning on taking your lab? April 2010 is also the lab date I am tentatively shooting for. I'll re-evaluate along the way and adjust as accordingly, however.

Enjoy your newfound status as a CCNP :)
  • ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Congrats! I know how good it feels, I just finished mine yesterday (ONT). It's a nice feeling to finish it.
  • cowood2676cowood2676 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I hadn't really put much thought into it....I had heard if you go to San Jose then your rack is actually at RTP...Don't know that it makes a difference..I am however looking for a study partner.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's a great accomplishment, congratulations!
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Congrats on the pass.!
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    congratz :)

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • brahamo123brahamo123 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif congartulation ,,,
  • rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations :)
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Wow awesome! Congratz! bowing.gif

I am reaching for the lowly CCENT right now, but hopefully will one day achieve the greatness of the CCNP or even (gulp) CCIE!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, as well as your new CCNP status. :D

Good luck with the written, as well as the big, bad lab.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I'm hoping to be there one day soon myself.
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    cowood2676 wrote: »
    As for the future, I have set July 20 as my deadline for being ready for the written, and April 2010 for my lab attempt.

Congrats those are some pretty aggresive dates. Im guessing you have a lot of experience.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
    kryolla wrote: »
    Congrats those are some pretty aggresive dates. Im guessing you have a lot of experience.

Yes, I have been doing this stuff daily for just a little over 10 years. I must say, experience is everything, without it I do not see how people can pass these tests. The last test I took was the ISCW, by far the toughest one for me. The Official Exam Cert Giude did not cover enough information, I also watched the cbt videos, and again not enough information.

P.S. Not sure if I just violated nda... Mr. moderator please tell me if I have.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with the rest of the journey!icon_thumright.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Yes, I have been doing this stuff daily for just a little over 10 years. I must say, experience is everything, without it I do not see how people can pass these tests. The last test I took was the ISCW, by far the toughest one for me. The Official Exam Cert Giude did not cover enough information, I also watched the cbt videos, and again not enough information.

I don't think you busted an NDA by saying that the test prep material didn't map exactly to the exam you got, you didn't go into specifics as to the area of deficiencies. I agree, as well, the official prep material is lacking a bit. I didn't find ISCW all that difficult, however, as all of the objectives save IPSec were things I had plenty of real world experience implementing and supporting, and my score report reflected that (100% in every domain *except* IPSec)

Congrats on the finish, I'm almost there myself. I came really close to scheduling BSCI for today, but decided to hold off and use the weekend to give myself a few extra days of review. Hopefully sometime Tuesday I'll be able to make the same statement :)
    I don't think you busted an NDA by saying that the test prep material didn't map exactly to the exam you got, you didn't go into specifics as to the area of deficiencies. I agree, as well, the official prep material is lacking a bit. I didn't find ISCW all that difficult, however, as all of the objectives save IPSec were things I had plenty of real world experience implementing and supporting, and my score report reflected that (100% in every domain *except* IPSec)

Congrats on the finish, I'm almost there myself. I came really close to scheduling BSCI for today, but decided to hold off and use the weekend to give myself a few extra days of review. Hopefully sometime Tuesday I'll be able to make the same statement :)

Thanks for the thoughts, good luck next week.

Multilayer switching, routing, Voice, and qos is what I do everyday. MPLS, VRFs, IPSec, and VPNs are the things I do the least. It actually took me as much time preparing for this single test as it did for the others combined. I did score well, 100% on all but two, on MPLS I scored 62% by far my lowest section on any test I have taken. I was not as comfortable going in as I was with the others. When I took the others I was sure that they could not throw anything at me I could not handle, not so with this one. So, I just bit the bullet and went for it.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nope. Not even close. Heck, your post wasn't even on the same planet as an NDA post. :D

If you have some links to Cisco Documents or White Papers that you felt helped with your studies to cover some of the topics on the exam blueprint that weren't covered in the Exam Certification Guide (or CBTs), posting those would be fine -- just don't get down to specifics like posting "paragraph 2 on page 54 of the Cisco Doc pdf configuration guide for abcxyz.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Even though you have already got a lot of these, but CONGRATS and GOOD LUCK for future.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • szmarcekszmarcek Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great Job! Congratulations.