Options

Dissertation NETWORKING (Msc) ... Ideas n Suggestions ... please

jimmybanjeetjimmybanjeet Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Suggestions and Ideas for a dissertation in NETWORKING ...... please!

I’m currently studying MSc Computer Systems and networking at the University o Greenwich.
Most of my friends are using OPNET to do networking simulations and test a network or a service under various scenarios. Doing a simulation is not very difficult but I am not very motivated to do it. I am looking for something new which stands apart.
My programming skills are very basic but I do not mind having to learn a new programming language for the dissertation.
The criteria for the dissertation:
70% of the work should be research
30% should be the development of a product

In terms of time, I have to start time now and the project has to be submitted in April 2010.
So I do have plenty of time to make research or even learn a new programming language, ...

ANY ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JimmyB

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ad-hoc networks perhaps. Or maybe something focussing on GSM, 3G and the like. Keep in mind though, this decision could be crucial at some stage of your life. Your dissertation could land you a great job someday.

EDIT: MATLAB?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Home automation? it's the way of the future.... the future... the future...
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • Options
    jimmybanjeetjimmybanjeet Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What exactly can i do about adhoc networks?

3G seems interesting, i need to reseach on it ....

Thanks for the reply

Essendon wrote: »
    Ad-hoc networks perhaps. Or maybe something focussing on GSM, 3G and the like. Keep in mind though, this decision could be crucial at some stage of your life. Your dissertation could land you a great job someday.

EDIT: MATLAB?