passed yesterday

krisalstonkrisalston Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
just trying to figure out if I should work on security+ or Server+. I have no interest in getting my MCSA and wanted to get my CCENT later. Any advice?

Comments

• WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    Security+ has a notoriously high passing score of 80-85% depending on which version you take. If it's your first exam I would look to do A+, Network+, 70-620, 70-290 70-291. A+ is worth more than Server+ because it will give you MCSA faster. Though you could skip Network+ and use A+ & Server+ for MCSA, Network+ will give you a head start for CCENT.

But really you should be going for MCITP: SA or EA if you are only starting out now. It's up to you.

Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    Apply Your Credentials to Microsoft Certifications
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • PorkalustPorkalust Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would say go for the security+ or even A+, But you should really reconsider MCSA.
  • krisalstonkrisalston Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Porkalust wrote: »
    I would say go for the security+ or even A+, But you should really reconsider MCSA.

I already have my A+
  • PorkalustPorkalust Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Great!!! then Try the Security+ it will some help with CCNA in the future....
  • ryha31ryha31 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Grats on the pass!
    I take mine in about 4 hours, been studying all week for it and of course have pre exam jitters!
    CCNA is a great track to take, although it is much more difficult (imo) than the comptia or microsoft tests.
    But like you i plan to knock out Sec+ before my final CCNA test.
  • krisalstonkrisalston Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    ryha31 wrote: »
    Grats on the pass!
    I take mine in about 4 hours, been studying all week for it and of course have pre exam jitters!
    CCNA is a great track to take, although it is much more difficult (imo) than the comptia or microsoft tests.
    But like you i plan to knock out Sec+ before my final CCNA test.

what's your overall goals? was the ccent tough? Don't like having to recertifiy every three years even though with microsoft we keep up to date with newer certs rather then retaking the same cert.