Takink test on wednesday

sufiyansufiyan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
Iam taking A+ core on wednesday.I got no prior experience
in computers.
Any help will be much appreciated, i have taken almost all the free practice exams available and scored about 80 to 90%.
Is this suffiecient enough.

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    It's generally agreed around here, if you are scoring at least 90% on practice exams you can be pretty sure that you're ready. There is no 100% guarantee. You should go the comptia.com site and check out the exam objectives for the A+ Core and make sure that you have knowledge about everything on the list. You may find something there that you've missed.

You say you have no prior experience in computers. Are you doing a cert in hopes of getting a job or maybe advancing to IT where you presently work? When I first found out that there was such a thing as A+, I read one article that said if you think that working with computers is where you want to be, then by the time you get the certification you'll definitely know whether you want to or not.

I had my A+ and Network+ before I got my first IT job. They were instrumental in getting the job and getting me an additional $1/hr. It took awhile to get a job, but I'm finally there. Don't count on everyone getting all excited about certifications. However, there are a lot of places that do require them and make them a basis of hiring or advancement. But, experience is probably the much more persuasive hiring criteria, so you have to be satisfied to take the cheap jobs before you advance to the "big money".

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • sufiyansufiyan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the prompt response. I do understand and aware of the risk
    and sturggle which lies ahead of me after completing my certifications

Obviously my first concern is to get over this A+.lots of jobs are
    available here in uk atleast on papers and all of them require atleast an a+ for basic jobs like helpdesk any tips or any sites in particular u want me have a look at,please do respond if u can
    thanks and wish me luck
    Well, if you haven't gone here yet, http://www.mcmcse.com/forums/exams/
    they have several practice exams.

And, hope you've tried the Practice Exams and TechNotes here on TechExams. I'm not sure of any others right now.
  • CrickettCrickett Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    janmike wrote:
    I had my A+ and Network+ before I got my first IT job. They were instrumental in getting the job and getting me an additional $1/hr. It took awhile to get a job, but I'm finally there. Don't count on everyone getting all excited about certifications. However, there are a lot of places that do require them and make them a basis of hiring or advancement. But, experience is probably the much more persuasive hiring criteria, so you have to be satisfied to take the cheap jobs before you advance to the "big money".

Thats true.. I know of a place where I'm applying to be full time (was temp during summer) that swears by certs and could care less about educational degrees. They are probably going to hire someone who has a+, net+ over someone with a BS in MIS. Each has been there the same amount of time.
  • mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds good. Remember that you need to know printers, I got a lot of questions on printers. As frustrating as they are, you need to know them, caus if you ever work in an office that will be your number one job: to keep the printers working.
    Good Luck :)
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
    Hi,
    PASSED THE EXAM TODAY
    been studyin hard lately now iam goin to chill for a while
    before i take up OS .
    Tech notes on this site a very helpful.
  • bananamanbananaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    www.cramsession.com is a very good certification site. Good luck on OS.
    Congratulations, sufiyan!

Good luck on OS.
    Thanks janmike and others for the help
    HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR