Options

Relationships

cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
Hey everybody,

Is it right to get involved with a customer's daughter, I do PC repair on the side. She 's of age, If your wondering.I am intersted to know what everyone thinks.

Comments

• Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Fine if you don't mind losing a customer :) you'll probably be doing work for him for free afterwards.....

Guess it depends on your relationship with the client really
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    Go for it. Just dont let her dad find out. I dont think he would be too happy seeing his pc repairman making out with his daughter.. icon_eek.gif

Gawd
  • Options
    rcooprcoop Member Posts: 183
    Be old fashioned... ask him if he would have a problem with it. It definitely would give you positive points. The only problem I see with this is if the daughter was just trying to piss off her dad by going out with you... then she might lose interest (because her dad said it was okay).

I wouldn't try to hide anything. And I agree, if you pursue it (regardless of his answer) you will most likely lose a client (either because he doesn't want you near his daughter, or he'll hope you'll fix/work for free).

Best of luck,
    Rcoop
    Working on MCTS:SQL Server 2005 (70-431) & Server+
  • Options
    bananamanbananaman Inactive Imported Users Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My girlfriend's dad is my employer right now. Its pretty cool. We've been together for 3 years, and I don't have to worry about getting fired. Pretty sweet deal.
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GET YOURS!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif:D:Dicon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Thanks alot everybody,

I got some great advice, some things that I haven't thought about. Yeah, I'll
    lose a customer, but life sure is short and should be sweeT. Thanks for all your help, and Happy Holiday's to all.
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As long as you don't put your Floppy in her Drive icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    cdad2000 wrote:
    She 's of age

lol, why are they usually not?
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    As long as you can afford to lose the customer, go for it. And who knows, you may not lose a customer.... my roommates parents still *insist* on paying me for any work I do for them even though I'm pretty much part of the family.
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    I would agree that you should ask her father. I would also consider where you see the relationship going. If you think there is a good possibility for it to be long term, I would tend to say go for it. If not... Well, I don't think much of planned short terms anyways, but this one would definitely jeopardize a business relationship, and would have even more problems then usual. I have heard so much advice about who you can and can't date. (i.e. co-workers), but why would you deprive yourself of a life-long companion because of the circumstances of the moment? Just be very careful in how you handle it, and make sure you can handle losing the customer, for all the reason listed above.

Merry Christmas,

Peter
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Get Some! icon_hump.gif
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    GawdGawd Member Posts: 132
    LOL! Yeeeeeaaaaa!!!
    Your repairs are gonna take forever with the half hour "bathroom breaks" you will be taking. Then you get paid.. So it will be like hes paying you to icon_hump.gif his daughter. :D

Gawd