Funtionality of 2003 Standard CertServ

UncleCidUncleCid Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been looking for a little bit, and I was trying to find out what exactly the downgrade was from Enterprise Edition to Standard Edition. I was looking at the comparison on technet to compare the different editions. I noticed that it identified that Win2k3 Standard only has partially functionality. The only site in all the garbage that came up in google was a site that requires membership to view the answer to the question. >< I was just curious if someone here may have some incite or knowledge.

It would be helpful aswell if I am working and have to do consulting at whatever IT department i work. If they have PKI and are curious about using standard. ty.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I didn't think that I needed the features in EE but then sometime last year I had to create a certificate from a v2 template for some application (either SCOM or OCS I think). Glad I followed the guidance from MS and went with EE instead of SE for my cert server.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    I didn't think that I needed the features in EE but then sometime last year I had to create a certificate from a v2 template for some application (either SCOM or OCS I think). Glad I followed the guidance from MS and went with EE instead of SE for my cert server.
    +1 always use EE or DC if you can for Certificate Services