What Certs did you have when you first joined TE?

Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
I believe I found Tech Exams after I completed Network+ but before I completed A+. I was doing a google search for something and a thread came up from here. I signed up after I finished Network+ and I started posting useless info here and there. TE has an excellent assortment of testing info just from other posters that generally know what they're talking about.

I found TE to be one of my motivations to finish and pass my certification goals. I enjoyed coming here to brag. I enjoyed relating to fellow test takers. This has allowed me to further my career indirectly, since I've learned a great deal more from my studies. I'd probably still be doing helpdesk stuff if it wasn't for certs. I still do Help Desk stuff from time to time. (Opps, I'm covering Help Desk right now actually. Don't tell the boss.)

I've been here almost a year and a half, and went from A+ and Net+ to whatever I have now.

I like posting these random questions in the OT forum. What certs did you start out with when you first found TE? joined TE?
A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
CCNA

Comments

• JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    I had passed 70-270 and 70-622

Once i joined here (march of this year i think) i passed 620 and 652, and have taken the Windows 7 Beta and Server+ 2009 beta and am taking 640 in 2 weeks

This place keeps me motivated to study/take/pass exams. icon_cool.gif
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Before TE, I had no certs at all! I only had two AA degrees. TE has been very helpful to me in getting certs. The people on here give great advice for taking tests. I doubt if I would've got my MCSA if it wasn't for this website. Sure I had my MS Press books to read, but you need more than that to pass these tests. People on this site advised me to set up a home network/lab, read Technet, and even put their personal notes on here. This site is awesome icon_biggrin.gif
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
    None, shortly after I joined I took the Network+, my first cert.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I had my A+, and that was it. I was in the process of studying for Security+ in October of 2005 when I joined.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    None, I was looking for certification websites when my prior employer wanted me to get certified.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I had my A+ which I got in 2000... I joined here shortly before taking my Net+ in 2003 I believe...

In the coming year I plan to really hammer out some certs, I've been working in IT since I was 18 in the year 2000 but kinda slack at getting my certs done :) Lots of experience though.

On a side note I don't really see many members post that have been around here longer then I, even though I don't post that much! Great community!
    Dustin Leefers
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had my MCP, A+, N+ and sec+
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    I had recently obtained the A+ and was studying for the CCNA.
  • qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I had my A+ and MCP
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I had zip for certs at the time. I was interested in studying for the CCNA and did a google search for "cisco forums". This came out on top :D.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Pretty much the same as Slowhand, I had my A+ and I was studying for the Security+ as my first step towards an MCSE.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'd have to look at the date on my A+ to be sure, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have any, which is how I found out about TE to begin with.

I can't believe I've been a member here for nearly 6 years! icon_cheers.gif
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I had my Network+ before I joined techexams. I don't even remember how I came across this site.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    I just had my JNCIA-SSL and I was looking around for information on how to build an olive, searching around google led me here.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A+ , Net+ and had just completed my 270 when I joined this forum (November 18th, 200icon_cool.gif. The information that I received from this forum, combined with the encouragement of some members (and "motivational" discouragement of others) has pushed me to hold all the certifications that I have today. Inspiration comes in many forms.........Don't listen to people who say something is impossible, but if you are gonna listen to them, make sure you prove them wrong.
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I was an MCSE on 2000 Server by the time I came here
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think I only had 290, possibly 270 on top of that. Now: MCSE:S, MCITP: EMA (one away from EA as well), Linux+, Security+, VCP, Vista and Hyper-V MCTS, CCENT, CWNA. I need to get outside more icon_sad.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was at the cusp of 70-270 when joining. I think my first post was a THANK YOU TE and JOHAN for all the help kinda thing :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • AndretiiAndretii Member Posts: 210
    70-270 and 70-290
    XBL: Andretii

"I have 16 Millions different ways of pinging myself. Sounded kind of dirty but that's not how I meant it." J. Conrad

Working on:
    VCP4 » 0%
    LPIC-1 » 0%
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I found TE when I was studying for my A+ back in 2003. At that time, my main Web board hang out was the SETI@Home discussion at dslreports.com. But when Phase 1 of SETI@Home ended in 2005, I left that group (and my 36,000+ work units) and made TE my primary Web residence. G:D:Dd times.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    70-210 (Windows 2000 Pro) and 70-215 (Windows 2000 Server) and 10-b33r (drinking 10 pints of beer in a short period of time)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    CCNA, BSC, SCSA and SCNA.

TE encourage me to move on and earn Server+ & Security+... icon_cool.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I was fresh off the CCNA and looking for advice on where to go next in my certification studies. This website has been a great motivator and place to learn.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    When I joined up late last year, I had A+ & MCTS Vista....I was working on wrapping up Network+ at the time, but I'd visited the site prior to signing up as well.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't have any.
  • desertmousedesertmouse Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    none. I found it while looking for 70-270 resources.
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I had my A+ at the time. I found this site doing a search for net+ test questions i believe. This site has helped me get motivated and learn more as I progress through my never ending battle for more certs.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had zero certs. I was studying for the 640-821 INTRO exam (test 1 for the old two-test CCNA route) and happened to come across the site when looking for discussion groups. The CCNA forum was a HUGE contributor to the success that I had on that exam and all of my subsequent Cisco tests since then. Now I have 3 professional level Cisco certs and three Associate level, and I'm studying for the CCIE RS. This site has been a catalyst for all of it :)
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    0 not a single one..
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I had my A+ and PMP, and I was wrapping up my Network+ studies when I found TE.

For every hour I have spent signed on to TE, I have spent another 3 hours lurking and learning.