Options

Concerned about time between exams

walterzengawalterzenga Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am trying to get my MCSA at present (exam 70-290 next week). Previously I took and passed the 70-270 XP exam about 2 years ago and am concerned that it has since become invalid. Can anyone else confirm this? Also, as I lost my original MCP ID years ago it is not officially recorded anymore...all I have to prove I passed it is the printout from the passing centre. Help! icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can contact MS Learning to get your ID. The exams do not expire, but they will eventually become retired. This has not happened for the XP/2003 track yet, and it probably won't for at least 2-3 years.
  • Options
    Thanks, what do they require from the printout to issue a new ID?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You won't get a new one; they'll look up the one you already have after getting a little personal information from you.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks again :)
  • Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    Send a quick mail to mcphelp@microsoft.com.

Give them as much info as possible.

e.g Name, e mail, contact tel number, test centre where you took exams, exam codes you believe to be on your transcript.

Don't expect a swift reply though, normally automated response within 24 hours, something a bit more substantial a week or 2 later. Best to give them a quick call.

Full contact details here for U.S/Canada:

Telephone: (800) 636 7544
    E-mail: MCPHelp@microsoft.com
    Fax: (661) 793 6555
    Address:
    Microsoft Certification Programs
    P.O. Box 911
    Santa Clarita, CA 91380-9011
    United States