Is the Second Shot offer going to come back?

The ShadowThe Shadow Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
With June 30th rapidly approaching, I was wondering if any one knows if Microsoft will after the Second Shot option again? My goal is to get my MCSA before June 30th, I just have 290 and 291 to go.

Comments

• Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm wondering the same thing. I'm taking 70-291 around the time it's expiring so I've been trying to figure that out.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I haven't heard anything about an extension. Maybe they're going to take the safety net away icon_eek.gificon_lol.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Chances are good that it'll be back. I've been seeing Second Shot being offered pretty much all the time since 2005, with only a break of a few months between announcements.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • JordusJordus Banned Posts: 336
    They made a post on the MSL blog a few months back about how it cost them a metric crap ton to run the 2nd shot, but that it also gave peopel a renewed confidence in certification.

They were tossing around the idea of ending it for good but they received some backlash. I hope it comes back.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm glad it's there, but I'm so glad that I haven't had to use it on 4 of my MS exams! :) I'm taking my 70-291 next, and I'm using my 2nd chance, cause I may need it! :D Hope not, though. I like passing the first time.
  • BazWalBazWal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well Microsoft has announced digital certificates. If you want a paper copy you have to pay the shipping charges from the end of the month. They say they are going "Green" but it sounds like a cost saving measure to me. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't bring the second shot back for the same reason (Hope I'm wrong). I've just 297 left for MCSE so sitting it next week just in case I need to resit :)
    WIP - CCENT
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    BazWal, next week may be almost too late. Don't forget both the initial exam AND the retake must be completed by June 30th.
  • BazWalBazWal Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Astorrs. I had it booked for this Monday but have to put it back to Friday 26th. If I do fail I'm going to resit on the 30th. Tight I know :)
    WIP - CCENT