Options

Books for BSCI

kevinwaikevinwai Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

Does anyone can recommend book to be a reading guide as a preparation for BSCI exam?

I have got a Cisco press book. Is this enough?

Anyone can share with me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    kevinwai wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone can recommend book to be a reading guide as a preparation for BSCI exam?

I have got a Cisco press book. Is this enough?

Anyone can share with me?

Thanks.

You always want to make sure you have more than one source of information for the exams.

The Official exam guide is designed for someone with experience who needs a refresh for the exam.

The official study guide is designed for someone who needs the foundation to learn the material for the exam.

In my opinion the lab book is required to master the skills needed to pass the exam.

I personally used all three plus, plus The Bryant Advantage CCNP material.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    miller811 wrote: »
    The Official exam guide is designed for someone with experience who needs a refresh for the exam.

The official study guide is designed for someone who needs the foundation to learn the material for the exam.
    Those two would be what I consider the bare minimum..... Start with the Official Study guide to learn the material and move to the Exam Certification guide as your preparation for the exam.

For the 2 CCNP exams without an Official Study Guide, you'd fill in any gaps between the book and the exam blueprint with Cisco White Papers and the Cisco Documentation web site.

The Quick Reference sheets are great for a review the day of the exam -- and as a guide during your study to some of the most important topics (along with the exam blueprint).

The Lab Portfolio books are a GREAT idea, since at the professional level there's no such thing as too much hands on practice.

The CBT Nuggets and TrainSignal Videos are a great addition to your study routine if you are a "video person."

While I've never used the Chris Bryant material (Google for "The Bryant Advantage" a lot of people swear by him (to the point I sometimes wonder if he's running cult). Other then the "infomercial look and feel" comments about his web site, I've never heard anyone who used his stuff do anything other than rave about it.

If you want to do some additional reading to exceed the requirements for the BSCI exam, I'd suggest adding Doyle's Routing TCP/IP (vol 1 & 2). And for BCMSN I'd suggest the old 1999 classic LAN Switching by Clark and Hamilton. Use the exam blueprints and the book table of contents to pick the good chapters to read....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kevinwaikevinwai Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for info. I currently reading on the CCNP BSCI Official Student Guide. I just want to make sure I choose the best of the reading material to read up.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kevinwai wrote: »
    I currently reading on the CCNP BSCI Official Student Guide.
    The Official Training Course Student Guide and Lab Guide -- if you can steal them from a coworker lucky enough to attend the Official Training Course -- are probably the best single source for study.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
    I got mine using trainsignal video tutorials and Chris Bryant materials.