Have an Interview on Friday!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
First one I've had in awhile (and really need a job)! Support Tech at a college within my University. Will work out perfectly if I get it because I could go to graduate school for free!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• BahshayBahshay Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! I sure wish I could find a job at my college
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! You can't beat free graduate school!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats! Hope it works out.
    Dustin Leefers
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Good luck!

I have to say, working at a college or university is pretty sweet. Yes, there are times you are inundated with stuff to do, but more often then not, you've got large swaths of downtime...which are perfect for getting some of your own studying done.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks guys! Be nice to have a lot of down time so I can complete my Master's degree!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Interview went really well! Got a great tour (didn't know there was so much to this college) and got to see all the awesome equipment they get to play with. Pay wasn't what I was hoping for, but benefits are awesome (cheap and good, I have none at the moment) and free graduate education make up for it. I was one of 6 to be called in and they said I should hear about the second interview within 2 weeks. Nice small IT Department as well which I liked. So here's to the wait....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    good stuff man! Sounds like things went well. Now comes the time of nervously waiting for the call back.... man I hate waiting for that call back.....

But it sure sound like you should be getting that call back so don't sweat it :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Yeah I sent my normal "thank you for the interview" (especially since he took me through all the labs, the server room, and other areas) and he basically said they would be seeing me again. If it's true, then it's an interview with the Associate Dean and the Dean.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff