Options

I'm relieved.... passed Net+ 2007 yesterday

dmad53dmad53 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm relieved to say the least. Yesterday morning I passed the 2007, with a 765. A lot of things had gotten in the way of my study & focus over the past couple months but I forged on and it paid off. Theres no substitute for hard work. The Technotes were a big
help also.

I already have the Security+ SY0-201 learning software and the Emmet Dulaney book from Interactive Sytems. Also my company has an account with Mindleaders, for free online study for a
variety of certs. On the site they have the Security+ SY0-101. The questions is, should I
use both sources, and go for the 101 before July 31st. Or take my time and go for the 201?
I'll be on vacation the first 2 weeks of June, so it might be pushing it to try for the 101 before it retires. I guess I was looking at the lower passing score for the 101, since I really have very little Network experience. (Not counting my old SNA Mainframe days).

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    If you are ready, take it now.

You'll likely make yourself more anxious the longer it is put off, so if you understand the material covered in the objectives...go for it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    dmad53dmad53 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After checking the Comptia site, it looks like the passing score for 101 is 764, and 750 for the 201. Not much difference. I already have study sources for 201, so I'll go with that.