I did it too

kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
I just passed ONT with a 930. I started working on my NP back in Nov 07. My CCNA was going to expire in April of the following year so I had to make a decision of renewing it or work on NP. I bought CBTnuggets for BSCI which at that time was a lot of money for just videos which I didnt know if it would help. Those videos helped a lot and now a year and a half later I am CCNP. Now I can continue sutdying for lab next year. Way to start the holiday, Im going to celebrate by drinking some home brew later on.
Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew

Comments

• kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the pass and the CCNP!! icon_cheers.gif

Enjoy your weekend celebrations! drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Remember to configure routers and switches wisely over the Holiday weekend!:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Congrats....
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations on the pass, as well as your new CCNP status! :D

How long before officially start studying for that big, bad lab. . . once you recover from celebrating? drunken_smilie.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Well done!
    Dustin Leefers
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Congrats on a job well done man! Enjoy the home brew...I know I need to take a break from Cisco this weekend and brew a batch too!
  • kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Good job kryolla! enjoy it!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    Thanks everyone, my NP logos was made available today so I uploaded it as my avatar.

Slowhand, I was studying for the lab whenever I got burnt out with studying NP so far IEWB1 I finished the first 6 labs and now they released BGP section so I will probably load the initial configs and maybe start on that. Work is slow and I setup remote access to my rack so I can spend some time during work to work on labs but now I can give it 100% so hopefully I can take a bootcamp in Nov-Dec this year and again next year before the lab.

Jason, are you an extract or all grain brewer and what are you going to brew. I just got some equipment to go all grain for a 5 gallon batch. I used my extract equipment to do 2.5 gallon AG. Im getting a 55# sack of Maris Otter today and will be brewing a pale ale with orange peel and coriander and Im going to keg my Jamil blonde ale this weekend. So I think I have enough beer and variety for the summer.
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    Kryolla,
    I am an all-grain brewer. I am very fond of the indian pale ale's, and I have another competition smoked scottish ale that I enjoy in the winters (probably what I'll brew this w/e though). Yours sounds like it will be a winner! All-grain is the way to go...just like the cisco cli, you just have so much more control with it. Congrats again, and enjoy!
  • tomsettomset Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! I haven't even thought about starting the CCIE. Not sure I want to go down that road as of yet....

I might just jump over to voice.
    Next up:
    CCIP
  • Met44Met44 Member Posts: 194
  • josunin75josunin75 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulation!

I hope I can be CCNP one day~ ^^
    =============================
    on to BCMSN ^=============^

<Lab>
    2 x 3550 EMI
    2 x 2950
    2 x 3640
    1 x 2621
    =============================
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats, I hope to join you about 4-6 months from June 6th :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab