Options

Passed 70-272 today

TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed the 70-272 exam today, but it was not as easy as I thought it was going to be. This was my first MS test and I did it for 2 main reasons. One is that I wanted to get an MCP for a few jobs I am going to apply for and the other was I wanted to see the MS test format compared to the CompTIA ones that I have taken to prepare for future MS tests.

The exam itself covered a broad range of topics dealing with Win XP Apps and was only 40 questions. My test mainly focused on Office, Outlook, OE, and surprisingly a lot of remote Internet connection stuff. The questions were not too hard, I would of known what to do in a real life situation, but the answers presented were confusing. I could immediately eliminate 2 answers, but it seemed on every question it could of been 1 of the remaining 2 answers.

Needless to say, I was scared to hit the end exam button icon_redface.gif
And to make it worse, I barely passed the exam with a 700 icon_cry.gif
The only good thing out of it was I had a high mark on 3 out of the 5 areas of scoring on the score sheet. The other 2 were in the middle. I mean thank god I had the Network+ cert already. I had like 8 questions on DNS, DHCP, and LMHosts.

I blame myself, I didn't study very hard and I used the Exam Cram 2 book which in my opinion is inadequate for the exam. For anyone taking the MCDST track, unless you use the not so common features of Win XP everyday, I would put a little effort into your preparation. Well, guess I'll finish up the program, but I will prepare for the 70-271 a little bit harder. icon_rolleyes.gif

Comments