Best paper to start with for CCNP exam

kevinwaikevinwai Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am new to CCNP.

Anyone can advice which is the best paper to start with for CCNP exam?

BSCI or BSCMN?

Appreciate your advice.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kevinwai wrote: »
    BSCI or BSCMN?
    Yes icon_lol.gif

Those are most popular "first two"..... but some people have started with the other exams and lived to post about.

If you're experience with Routing or like routing better than switching, start with BSCI.

If you're experienced with Switching or like switching better than routing, start with BCMSN.

BSCI is probably the hardest exam for most people.... but it really depends on your previous experience. I was doing routing long before switches even existed, so I liked BSCI and didn't find it hard at all.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    I recommend either spiral-bound college rule notebook paper or engineering graph paper.

At the very least, stay away from composition notebooks, construction paper, and used napkins.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Hey now, construction paper has it's uses....

As to the initial query, I'd agree with Mike's assessment. If you don't have a whole lot of applicable experience, you'll do yourself a favor by doing BCMSN first, as BSCI can overload someone coming directly out of the CCNA. I think getting one CCNP level exam under your belt as quickly as possible is a good idea, it's good motivation to finish the rest.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I recommend either spiral-bound college rule notebook paper or engineering graph paper.

At the very least, stay away from composition notebooks, construction paper, and used napkins.

go green, use MS notepad or MS word...icon_cheers.gif

sorry, could not resist joining in.....icon_redface.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283