Passed 290!!!

Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
Got the MCP for this being my first exam other than the beta Windows 7 configuring I did last week. Wasn't feeling 110% about it but went ahead and did it anyways. Hands on expierence in a Virtual Enviroment or real deal helps a lot for this exam I can see now. I had a few sims and without doing some of the things before I'm sure it woulda been harder. MS Press book helped a LOT even though its one tough read. Lot of questions on backup and restore especially Domain controllers. Had more than I expected on IIS as well.

Next up is the 270 for me before the Beast to make that MCSA than on to the MCSE. Best of luck to all those working on this thing.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! Aside from the deployment stuff, 270 is going to be a lot of review. Good luck!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats and good luck with 270! icon_thumright.gif
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Congrats on the pass!
    Dustin Leefers
  • FTSLIDEFTSLIDE Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Got the MCP for this being my first exam other than the beta Windows 7 configuring I did last week. Wasn't feeling 110% about it but went ahead and did it anyways. Hands on expierence in a Virtual Enviroment or real deal helps a lot for this exam I can see now. I had a few sims and without doing some of the things before I'm sure it woulda been harder. MS Press book helped a LOT even though its one tough read. Lot of questions on backup and restore especially Domain controllers. Had more than I expected on IIS as well.

Next up is the 270 for me before the Beast to make that MCSA than on to the MCSE. Best of luck to all those working on this thing.

---
    Well done on passing !
    How many questions did you have?
  • Cthu1huCthu1hu Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all the congrats! I personaly had 44 questions. 3 or 4 were sims.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats and good luck with the 270!
    I found it quite hard, cbt nuggets and transcenders were well worth it though.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the 270!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion