GCIH study tests?

Hey guys, just curious to find out from those who have passed their GCIH exam if passing the practice tests will give a real representation on how I would do on the actual exam?

Comments

• kmornotkmornot Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    yes, they are good indicator on how well you will do on the IMO.
  • j_a_s_o_nj_a_s_o_n Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes, this seems to be the case in general for GIAC practice and cert tests.
  • zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
    Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't posted in awhile (been studying). LOL!! Well, today is the day. I am scheduled to take the test in just under 3 hours. Will let you all know how I do!!
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    For those who have taken the GCIH and used their practice test attempts, when doing the practice test have you tried to simulate the testing experience by only using your notes?

Just curious. I'm scheduling my exam by the end of June.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • zenlakinzenlakin Member Posts: 104
    Hey everyone. I know it is a couple of days late but I passed the GCIH on Tuesday. I am now certified. I was freaking out a little bit because I missed the first 8 questions in a row. But after that I just stopped for a minute and relaxed, then continued through the exam and ended up with an 87%. Also, looking back on the exam I believe I could have score above 90% if I would have slowed down. I ended up finishing the exam in 1 hour and 45 minutes. Either way, I suppose the main thing is that I passed and I am not certified!!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome, congratulations!

Would you mind sharing what your background is with this material and what you used to prepare? This is sort of a rare one around here, so it'd be nice to gain a little insight.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Congrats! Please share the story of your success. Inquiring minds want to know! I'm going to be sitting for the test soon. My company just authorized the money for the certification attempt. I don't know if I want to take the practice tests first, then schedule, or schedule then take the practice tests...

But either way, what is your background and what was your methods for studying?
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman