Options

A good firewall book

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
Can anybody recommend a good firewall book to get started with. I want to avoid vendor specific books like Cisco ASA and Sonicwall. I would prefer to learn the basics on rule writing and best practices then specialize into the firewalls as needed. I currently have a couple side jobs that I do and would like to be able to offer that service for their networks. Get them away from the home Linksys and Netgear routers if you know what I mean. These are some of the books i'm looking at.

Firewalls: Jumpstart for Network and Systems Administrators

Firewall Fundamentals

The Best Damn Firewall Book Period

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Want to buy my Firewalls for Dummies book? (it's seriously a good book for a beginner)
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thats the one we talked about over dinner, right? If so I'd be interested in it.
  • Options
    azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Thats the one we talked about over dinner, right? If so I'd be interested in it.

If thats the case I'll go pick up a copy locally and save the shipping cost. That way we both win.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Bokeh wrote: »

Yep. I ordered it that night on Mark's recommendation. I'll trade it to you for a lunch :D
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Sure, when are you on this side of town? Send me a PM.