Please help me......

aravanaravan Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am new to this Forum.
I have planned to take CISSP exam.
I have only 2.5 years exp in security domain.So I am going for isc2 Associate program.Please tell me the latest study guide for CISSP.

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should check out the security forum, most of your questions will be answered there. If not, JD and Keatron will know.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    This is the guide usually used
    Amazon.com: CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide: Shon Harris: Books

and also the practice tests on cccure.org

but best thing is to check other members' posts, they posted all the information you need.

Good luck and welcome to the forums icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    Shon Harris will help you pass the test. Her AIO 4th Edition should be your new best friend. Life, eat, sleep, and breath CISSP. You need to think so much about the CISSP you begin to relate EVERYTHING that goes on around you in terms of the CISSP.

Then you should be prepared enough to sit for the exam.
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Shon Harris will help you pass the test. Her AIO 4th Edition should be your new best friend. Life, eat, sleep, and breath CISSP. You need to think so much about the CISSP you begin to relate EVERYTHING that goes on around you in terms of the CISSP.

Then you should be prepared enough to sit for the exam.

I second Unsupported recommondation. Many of us have taken the CISSP and used the AIO as our study guide. You'll also need to think not what is the perfect answer, but what is the most correct and best for the business. Start thinking like a manager.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    down77 wrote: »
    I second Unsupported recommondation. Many of us have taken the CISSP and used the AIO as our study guide. You'll also need to think not what is the perfect answer, but what is the most correct and best for the business. Start thinking like a manager.

Yeah, know the concepts behind the material and not just the black and white answer. Know why an answer is wrong and why the correct one is right. Eliminate two answers off the bat, and look at the correct answer from the highest level. When in doubt use the highest level answer.

Also, cross out the incorrect answers on the sheet, and transfer your answers from the book to the sheet in bulk. Like one or two pages at a time. This helps limit the stupid mistakes.

GOOD LUCK!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In addition to studying for the contents of the CISSP exam you need to study about how to study for and take the exam as well. Read through the CISSP postings in this forum and the CISSP forum postings at www.cccure.org. Use the practice exams at www.freepracticetests.org to test your knowledge of the CISSP exam's objectives.
  • aravanaravan Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Thank you very much for your comments.
    I have a doubt now.
    Can you tell me the sequence to be followed for the preparation.
    Should that be according to the domain specified or the chapters in the Shon Harris book

regards,
    Aravind.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Study the domains in any order that you like. Most people read the books from beginning to end. I suggest starting out with the domains that you find easy, or at least very interesting. You can become overwhelmed by the preponderance of material, so don't think you'll learn it all in a short amount of time. And if you are a technical person, spend extra time to understand the non-technical topics.