Options

Sccm

NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
Does anyone here have any experience with microsoft's system center configuration manager? Basically we are currently testing pushing out software applications to clients at this point. If I'm logged in as a local admin on a machine software goes through fine. However, logged in as anyone else the software always fails (all software is installed silently). The issue is that all deployed software is set to install whether a user is logged on or not, and to run with SYSTEM credentials so the user shouldn't matter. Been researching this for days with no solutions.....icon_sad.gif

Comments

• Options
    wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This does seem a little odd, but although your running it with system credentials, it could still be those causing the problem. Create a new domain account instead. Also, check your event viewer logs. Hope that helps.
    ~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Hmm... I only have been doing installs while the user is logged on. I can do some tests on monday and see what I find out for you.
  • Options
    NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    @wedge - you can't use a domain account because it only has the option to run with SYSTEM credentials or the currently logged on user's credentials (I know that this is really stupid). Also I'm desperately trying to not look through the logs because SCCM keeps about 8 different log files that are well over 3000+ lines each.... it would be a nightmare

@aordal - I've tried that too and it doesn't make a difference. I've actually think that I got the problem narrowed down (been working on this for two days). We have 2 forests at work. The "Admin" side and the non-admin side. The servers are all on the Admin side domain and when deploying things to the Admin side computers I've actually had no trouble at all. It seems that only when deploying software to the non-admin side is where I'm getting stuck. Seems that there may be an issue with the cross-forest / cross-domain deployment that is causing issues. Still working on it though...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is there anything in the logs? The system account has all the access necessary, so I wouldn't think that would be an issue.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Also I'm desperately trying to not look through the logs because SCCM keeps about 8 different log files that are well over 3000+ lines each.... it would be a nightmare

You gotta look at the logs man. Seems like a bit of a pain, but that extra 20 minutes might save you days. It shouldn't take you long to spot an authentication failure (which is probably what you're already suspecting)
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...