Options

What is the actual need of Feasibility Condition in EIGRP !

CycladesCyclades Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello Guys,

My question is why are we actual having Feasibility Condition in EIGRP, Now guys please do understand that I know very well how it works and and it is used for calculating the feasible successor and every thing.

Even if feasibility condition is not in EIGRP, it will still send out query packets to neighbors and try to get a new route.

Now my Question is why is this condition setup in EIGRP ?
Why can't the route with next least metric become the successor route ?
Why did Cisco go for this particular rule ? icon_rolleyes.gif

Hope I can get a answer for this query of mine soon....icon_thumright.gif

Thanks in advance !!! icon_cheers.gif
" You Should Be The Change - That You Want to See " - Mahatma Gandhi :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    apd123apd123 Member Posts: 171
    Loop prevention how would the router know that the route was not through itself if it had a higher cost than that of its plus the link to its neighbor.
  • Options
    apd123 wrote: »
    Loop prevention how would the router know that the route was not through itself if it had a higher cost than that of its plus the link to its neighbor.

Thanks So much man..... icon_cheers.gif

Is it possible for you to give any example topologies ? for better Understanding... icon_confused.gif:
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    its assumed that if the AD of the neighbor router is higher then your FD then the neighbor is routing through you to get to the final destination thus creating a loop if you would use the route going to that neighbor. This only applies to alternate routes
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • Options
    kryolla wrote: »
    its assumed that if the AD of the neighbor router is higher then your FD then the neighbor is routing through you to get to the final destination thus creating a loop if you would use the route going to that neighbor. This only applies to alternate routes
    AAA... Gotcha now... Thanks SO MUCH....