Custom Built Rackmount Servers

maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
Hello all,

Do anyone have a preferred site, or know of any web sites that build custom configured rackable servers?

Thank you

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Thank you dynamik, but is there anything else out there that can ship and bill to outside the US?
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    maumercado wrote: »
    Thank you dynamik, but is there anything else out there that can ship and bill to outside the US?
    You should find somewhere local. Shipping a fully populated rackmount server internationally will cost an absolute fortune. That is if it survives the trip as well.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    tiersten wrote: »
    You should find somewhere local. Shipping a fully populated rackmount server internationally will cost an absolute fortune. That is if it survives the trip as well.

Definitely this. I bought a Poweredge 2450 off eBay a few years ago, and it was well packed. The left mounting bracket was bent almost 90 degrees. I guess someone at UPS underestimated its weight when they tried to pick it up. I was amazed that the thing booted (still using it as a fax server).
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    There are plenty of girls around my area with custom built rack's, ill ask about for ya!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Pash wrote: »
    There are plenty of girls around my area with custom built rack's, ill ask about for ya!
    How much is shipping though? :D
  • maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
    Believe we have plenty of girls with customized racks... Im in medellin Colombia, home of the finest firls in latin america...

But in al seriousness.. I looking to buy a custom rackable server!
    maumercado wrote: »
    But in al seriousness.. I looking to buy a custom rackable server!
    I still think it'd be better for you to find somebody in Colombia that builds rackmount servers to your specifications. International shipping will be very expensive. Most companies are also wary about shipping high value items like that abroad as well.

How custom do you want it anyway? Like Dell level where you pick a base model and then pick the various features? Build to order where you're picking the case, the motherboard, the CPU and every other component? Or full custom where you're even getting a branded case?