CCNA test tomorrow - simple question

jimwinnyjimwinny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm taking the practice exam questions from the CCNA Flash Cards book by Cisco Press. The router simulations are simple things like setting an ip address on an interface. After I set the interface, I then issue the "no shut" command. I'm being marked wrong by this test engine. Will the real CCNA mark me wrong for something like this? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks greatly in advance for any help.

Jim Woodward

Comments

• jimwinnyjimwinny Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well - if anyone could help me out and let me know if entering no shut and copy run start in the simulations tomorrow will help or hurt would be greatly appreciated.

I discovered (the reason for this 2nd post) that the question was being marked wrong because the address I was supposed to give was 170.23.45.1 w/a subnet mask of /20.

Their /20 subnet mask was 255.255.224.0 in the answer. So I was being marked wrong because I was putting in /20 as 255.255.240.0

SILLY ME.

Jim
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Cisco's own simulator is pretty advanced. You should handle it like a real router. So if you were to configure an IP address for an interface on an actual router you want to use, would you issue a 'no shut'? And if someone paid you to configure a router, wouldn't it be nice of you would at least save the configuration. ;)

Good luck!
    You're right. No shut and copy run start for everything.

I'm feeling better about this simulation once I realized it was one specific question that was wrong, not my use of the "no shut" command.

Thanks again.

Jim
  • cdad2000cdad2000 Member Posts: 323
    Good Luck on your CCNA.
  • sonagccnasonagccna Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    do share your exam experience and goodluck
  • ThanatosKnightThanatosKnight Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you everyone for the good lucks. Just to clarify - this is the INTRO exam I'm taking. Just finished Networking 2 through the Networking Academy 2 weeks ago. ICND in about 5 months.

I'll post back later to let you all know how I did and to give any help I can offer. If I don't do well, it might take me a day or two to be able to talk about it - lol.

Jim
    Thanks everyone for the good luck and help w/my question.

I was surprised when I took the test today. The test questions I found on this site and elsewhere seemed harder than the actual questions on the exam. And the simulations were extremely simple and straightforward. Very very basic stuff.

I got a 916. And I can't wait to take the ICND after Networking 3 & 4. Good Luck to everyone out there. Thanks again.

Jim
  • xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    since when does a /20 CIDR = 255.255.224.0?

11111111.11111111.11110000.00000000 = 255.255.240.0
    since when does a /20 CIDR = 255.255.224.0?

11111111.11111111.11110000.00000000 = 255.255.240.0

That's a really good question. lol. That's why I was getting marked wrong - the Answer for that question from the Cisco Press CCNA Flash Cards quiz was wrong. I was also putting in the 255.255.240.0 subnet mask.

Jim
  • xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    now that i think of it.... I used the CCNA Flashcard Book and the Practice Questions that came w/ it... and I do recall some of the sims marking my answers wrong incorrectly like that... I guess someone made a mistake.... shame on them!
  • pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jimwinny wrote:
    I got a 916. And I can't wait to take the ICND after Networking 3 & 4. Good Luck to everyone out there. Thanks again.
    Jim

Congrats. That's a good score; try to cram just as hard for the ICND as you did for INTRO. I took the composite test a couple months ago but I think it's still worthwhile to say that I thought the ICND self-study was harder than the INTRO stuff. Just my 2 cents. Good work and good luck!