Finally Doesn't Suck to Be a Verizon Customer!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Let's face it, Verizon has some crappy phones. I was somewhat interested in the Storm, but not really. I had been planning to switch to Sprint for the Pre, but two issues have come up. First, too poor for a new phone. Two, Sprint isn't a great network in my area. But finally I have a reason to rejoice! It appears that the Pre and an Android phone will be coming to Verizon in 09! So hear's to the rumors being true! Especially good because my contract has been up for awhile and I am now in month to month mode! Can upgrade at anytime!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    You're still stuck with their exorbitant price plans though. icon_sad.gif I know, as the wife and I have been searching the market recently for a new carrier. T-Mobile is looking to be the best deal currently.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    I may have to trade in my work phone for one of those two next year. I am currently using the Samsung Saga and I haven't been happy with this one due to poor battery life and frequent application errors.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • HallucinateHallucinate Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have had ATT for about four years now and I absolutely love them. No matter where I am, my service is always good; I do a lot of traveling too! Additionally, their customer support is pretty awesome.

From my experience, Verizon has done pretty well as far as having services goes, but they are a bit pricy.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm currently with Sprint now, but I'm out of my contract with them. I'm looking forward to the Pre reviews, as well as Apple's iPhone announcement (which comes two days after the Pre is released). I have the most basic phone you could possibly get, and I can't wait to get something with a lot more functionality. It looks like this summer is the time for that!
  • HallucinateHallucinate Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mentioning contract reminds me of this website i encounted the other day called cellswapper.com It is supposed to be used for swapping your contract with someone else. For example, you have att, but dont want to pay the cancellation fee so you swap with someone with t-mobile and assume each other's contract.

I tried to get on there and get the low-down about it, but my bandwidth is limited due to being out in the middle of the ocean.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well either way I pay $100 a month be it with Sprint or with Verizon. In Sprint's case I would get unlimited minutes and text, but everyone I know is on Verizon so I get unlimited everything to them already. And like I said, Sprint doesn't have great coverage in my area and I don't want to pay roaming fees. Either way I gotta wait, so hopefully Verizon comes through!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • apena7apena7 Member Posts: 351
    I was just looking to replace my old Verizon phone.....
    I agree, their new phones are crap! I've had the same one for almost 3 years because I haven't seen anything worth forking over extra cash. Verizon wastes their time on that stupid VCAST service that they don't bother increasing their product line. But I admit that Verizon has great coverage and is just about the only reason I stick with them.

the_Grinch, have you heard about Sprint's SERO plan? I don't know if it's still around, but some of my friends signed up for that plan and got unlimited minutes, web, email, and texts for dirt cheap.
    Usus magister est optimus
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    No SERO with the Pre icon_sad.gif
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff