Options

has anyone used professional resume writers?

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
I look on like Monster or Careerbuilder.com and they offer very expensive resume writing options. Has anyone used them or have any good alternatives they've used in the past?

I've used the same resume since college (2005) and updated as I went along but I think it could be better.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried posting it here? If not, strip out the personal information and post it up. You'll usually get some good feedback.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes I have used them. You're right in that the good ones don't come cheap - but they can also pay for themselves if it gets you a better job.

Like dynamik said, why don't you strip the confidential parts of your resume and post it here.

P.S. I wouldn't choose them based on who advertises on Monster or Careerbuilder.com ;)
  • Options
    TXOgreTXOgre Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wweboy wrote: »
    I look on like Monster or Careerbuilder.com and they offer very expensive resume writing options. Has anyone used them or have any good alternatives they've used in the past?

I've used the same resume since college (2005) and updated as I went along but I think it could be better.

Thanks.

I have used a professional resume writer, and it was worth every penny.

I had all of the information and keywords right, but he formatted it in a way that was easy to read, easy to look at, and gets a lot of attention. I've used the same format for 10 years, and it still gets me interviews (even for jobs I'm not qualified for).

It cost me $150 10 years ago, and I did some research to find a good writer. If you've got the money, go for it. Make sure to do your research, and ask for references.
    A+ Net+ Sec+ MCSE